CHAPTER 6 ~ ONE CHECK

- Serena -

What sucked more than being stared at and manhandled by Ben was the fact that I didn't have the freedom to use my powers.

Ben, that puny human. If I didn't have to live in this town I would have blasted the whole fucking place with ice in the shape of a middle finger specially for him. But I like this quiet town, I don't want to leave. It's my little haven.

Roxanne was a noisy sleeper. She groaned and snored the whole night till I had to plug ice in my ears just to have some peace and quiet.

I woke up at 8, just to be on the safe side. I don't know how far Ben's place is from the cafe. I went to wash up and found a set of clothes for both Roxanne and I. Ben must've sneaked in and placed them there when I was asleep.

I pulled the shorts on and realised it was really pretty, it was black with rose embroidery on it. It fit me perfectly and I wondered how he could tell my size. I snapped my bra on but before I could put on my top the bathroom door flew open and Roxanne dived into the toilet bowl puking her guts out.

I slapped her on her back, as gentle and firm as possible as I mumbled sarcastic comments about her being drunk and landing all of us in trouble.

She glanced up at me, the stench of her puke making me want to vomit my empty guts out. "From what I remember, you were the first one to throw the punch," she mumbled and hurled another bunch of stuff into the bowl.

"Well if you were more sober we could have left that place without much attention being drawn to us. You were swaying and talking so much the guys were totally drawn to you," I rolled my eyes and thought about the poor guy who lost his nuts last night.

"Ugh whatever," she groaned and flushed the toilet, taking off her clothes to get in the shower.

I sighed and grabbed my blouse that Ben placed on the counter for me and left Roxy to clean herself up.

I closed the bathroom door and the room door flew open, Austin bursting inside. I screamed and hugged myself, covering my upper half from his crazed eyes.

He stared at me, face burning red, "FUCK I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I SHOULD HAVE KNOCKED FUCK BEN IS GOING TO KILL ME!"

He slammed the door shut and I fell to the ground, both guys saw me in my bra. Great just fucking great.

Roxanne opened the bathroom door and looked down at me, "What happened?"

"Why are guys so dumb?!" I yelled and she quickly grabbed her towel to cover herself before helping me put my blouse on.

"Okay just chill here while I get dressed. I'll deal with whoever messed with you," she laughed at her unintended pun but quickly went to get dressed.

I haven't even told her it was Austin who barged in.

She flew out from the bathroom after changing and grabbed my arm, pulling me to the living room.

"OKAY WHO DID IT?!" She yelled. Ben was staring daggers at Austin who was covering his face in his hands on the sofa.

Austin looked up and shrunk back, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to, I should have knocked I'm just not used to having visitors."

"Oh no no no it's alright, you just scared us. That's all, Serena is fine," Roxanne nudged me and I stared at her. I thought she was going to deal with him? Is this how she deals with-

"I'm sorry Serena, Austin didn't mean to crash in like that," Ben sighed and pressed his temples before looking at me.

I opened my mouth to answer, momentarily star struck by how sexy his voice sounded this early in the morning. It was so scruff and manly.