Chapter Two

They brought me into this room.... Then this lady picked a gown thing for me and told me to put; I did it, and it felt very weird wearing that gown thing. Then the nurse brought me into a different room and made me lay down on this bed. They told me to close my eyes, and I did, and I was movin....no wait the bed was moving and then it's all of a sudden dark. Then I open my eyes, and I'm back in my hospital bed again.

Dr. Gordon and two nurses come in with a grim expression on their faces. Dr. Gordon finally clears his throat, and he says to Lisa, "Lisa we did some tests, and you are slowly losing your long-term memory. If we can get you into some therapy right away, and some medication, or it's your choice, Lisa, we know about this morning with your incident ."

Lisa was silent; she didn't say anything just had her head down and started crying and shaking. "W-Why?...Why can't I just go see my mom?...." As Lisa is crying into her hands. One of the nurses come over to me puts her arm around my shoulder and just says, "Why don't I walk Lisa for a bit around the hospital, Dr. Gordon?" "Sure, Veronica I guess Lisa needs to get out of this room for a bit." As Dr. Gordon nodded and then leaves the room. "Come on Lisa, let's get you ready." As Veronica goes to a closet and get an outfit that Lisa could wear, and Veronica hands it to Lisa and walks out saying, "I'll give you a couple of minutes, and I'll be waiting outside the door."

All Lisa can say was, "Ok." She was that happy she was able to get out of this room for once. She got dressed right away, went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and just..stared.... Lisa had never looked at herself since her so-called "car crash." She had a bunch of bruises and scratches and one scar just below her left eye. "Great, I look like crap...." As I'm brushing my hair. Veronica was very patient waiting for me when I came out she smiled saying, "I'm glad it fits you." I looked at what she picked me, and I was shocked I had regular clothes on. I was wearing a cute gray plaid shirt and a pair of jeans with a tiny hole on my right thigh, and a pair of flip-flops.

"I like my outfit, Nurse Veronica." As I am fixing the buttons on the shirt. "It's yours then Lisa. Oh, no need to say the whole "Nurse" stuff you can call me Veronica." All I can do is smile. Nurse Veronica or Veronica and I started walking, Then she turns and walks by me and asks, "Do you want to go somewhere?" I was shocked we were supposed to stay in the hospital right?.... She sees the look on my face and says,

"Don't worry Lisa we are just walking down the street," Veronica said. "Ok Veronica if you say so," Lisa said as she was catching up to Veronica. We are heading outside and then it was warmer then I thought it would be. "It's so hot out." As Lisa is unbuttoning her shirt a little. "Yeah you were in a coma for a while, you missed Christmas, New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, and I think maybe St. Patrick's Day." Lisa doesn't say anything but with her head bowed down looking at the sidewalk. Veronica tries to cheer Lisa up by saying, "Hey Lisa want something to eat?"....Umm....Sure?" Lisa said as she was bending down to fix her pant leg.

Veronica said, "Great I know a great place to eat, come on follow me." We stopped in front of this restaurant I don't know why they named it, "Mike Sportsman's Bar and Salon." It reminded of something.... I couldn't remember, though.... Then it hit me like a tidal wave, I stumbled backward into a garbage bin and cut my leg a little and Veronica turns around and runs to me to help me up. "Lisa are you ok!?" As Veronica is checking me to see if I'm hurt. "Yeah, Veronica I'm all right," I say as I'm rubbing my head. "Let's get you back to the hospital ok?"

As we started walking back, my head hurt awful, and as I'm trying to figure out what's going on, we are already at the hospital. Veronica is fast walking while saying, "Come on Lisa let's get you back to your room." I moan and groan, "....Ok, I guess....." we are walking so fast, and I don't know why, but Veronica has a worried/scared look on her face, and I didn't like it.