DWC#18: Where are You?

Comenzar desde el principio

"I thought that Joely was fine with it. She did not complain. When our family went back here from China, Joely was glad to see me and she even treated me like how we were during our childhood days despite the fact that we're engaged. Until I found out that she did not have any idea about our marriage. She just knew that on the day of our wedding. We even fought that time and that was the first time we had a serious quarrel. She said that she hated me for keeping a secret to her."

"I-I think that's the time when I saw the two of you quarreling." Joshua said.

"You already saw me that time?" Jun unbelievably asked.

Joshua nodded. "But I did not recognize you when we met here. I just knew that you are that guy when you introduced Joely to me."

Jun faintly smiled. "You must be hurting that time."

"I was but..." Joshua sighed. "It's done already. I-I don't want to remember that day."

"Even so, Joely still chose you." Jun bitterly countered. He took a heavy sigh again to stop a tear that was urging to fall from his eyes. "Honestly, I still can't accept the fact that you are that person. Of all people, why you?"

"Jun.."

"Nevermind. I can't do anything about that. Even if I did everything to prove her how much she means to me, her heart will always belong to you." Jun then gave Joshua a smile of encouragement. "I'll send you her address. Go and find her. I'm also worried about her, too."

Joshua smiled back. He nodded. "Thank you, Jun."

IT was three or four doorbell rings when the door opened. Joshua felt nervous as he saw a middle-aged woman. "What is it, young man?"

"Uhm..." Joshua bowed to show respect. "Good afternoon ma'am. I'm Joshua. I'm Joely's friend. I just want to know if Joely is here."

The woman's expression suddenly darkened. Her eyebrow raised. "Joshua?"

"Y-yes."

"There's no Joely here anymore. Did she not tell you anything?" She shook her head in insult. "I thought that she loves you. What a daughter."

"P-pardon?"

"She left the house because of you and her useless father."

"M-ma'am.."

"If you want to look for her, you find her yourself. I don't care about her anymore." The woman said and she shut the door loudly.

Joshua formed his lips into a thin line in despair. How could Joely have that kind of mom? How would he be able to find Joely? Joshua's head ached at that thought. He just started walking away from Joely's home.

While walking, he fished out the phone from his pocket and started calling Jun. Jun immediately answered his call. "Did you go?"

"Yeah."

"What happened? Have you met Joely?"

"N-no.."

"What?"

"Her mom said that she left the house."

"Didn't you ask where she went?"

"I was about to but her mom told me that she doesn't care to Joely anymore that she shut the door in my face."

Joshua heard Jun sigh. "Do you think she went back to Korea?"

"I'm not sure of that."