DWC#4: My Final Goodbye

Chapter 4 My Final Goodbye

"How could you be so fine?
How could you trample on me?"

Song: Congratulations by Day6

~♡♡♡♡♡~

"HEY! Was I slow?" Joshua looked up from staring at his phone's wallpaper—which was he and Jenny—when Joely called. He was currently sitting near the fitting room, waiting for her to finish changing her clothes.

As Joely went out the fitting room, Joshua saw her wearing blue jeans partnered with a long sleeved white shirt. "No, it's fine." He said. Actually, you're faster than Jenny when choosing clothes to buy and wear them.

"I thought you were getting bored. Do I look decent now?" Joely asked, turning herself around.

Joshua looked at her again from head to toe. "Hmm, yeah. Simple but suits you." He simply responded.

"Oh. O-okay." Joely shyly reacted in return. She diverted her gaze to the side, feeling her cheeks started to warm up.

Joshua then stood up. "So let's go and eat?" he asked. Joely nodded in response. He then led his way out of the store while Joely was following behind him.

They decided to eat in a Korean restaurant, where they could eat ramen that they were longing to eat. Even if they were in LA, they still couldn't help to crave for Korean cuisine, especially ramyeon and kimchi.

While they were waiting for their order, Joshua noticed that Joely was giving him glances, like she wanted to ask something to him. He gave her a confused expression. "Is there a problem?" he finally asked.

"This morning, you saw me crying right?" Joely asked. Joshua nodded in return. "Why did you give me a cup of coffee? Did you see me having a quarrel with Jun? Did you pity me?"

"Too many questions to answer," Joshua commented. "Well, yeah, I saw you and that guy... wait—what his name again?"

"Jun."

"Yeah, Jun. I saw the two of you creating some scene outside the coffee shop. I couldn't tell that my attention was fully into the two of you but let's say that I somehow really watched you, having a little fight with each other. Well, if that was really a little fight or whatnot." Joshua continued explaining.

"Oh..." Joely just uttered.

"And about me, giving you coffee, I just felt related to you when I saw you crying. I really don't know the reason behind while you were crying but I somehow felt that we're on the same shoe that's why I ordered coffee and gave it to you. You know, to sympathize with the both of us."

Joely smiled. "That was gentle of you."

"Was I?"

She nodded. "Were you also crying? I mean, not literally. I know you guys don't cry so easily. Were you crying inside?"

Joshua gave her a weak smile as he remembered Jenny. He knew that Joely didn't have any idea that he really cried. He was thinking whether to tell her or not because he felt shy mentioning it. "Y-yeah. This morning I was crying inside," he started answering. "but I literally cried the moment before we ran and hid." He continued as he looked at the side, feeling shy.