DWC#6: Meeting You Again

Chapter 6 Meeting You Again

"Tonight you are a million pieces
Your existence makes me breathe again."

Song: A Million Pieces by Kyuhyun

~♡♡♡♡♡~

"JOSHUA?"

"Joely?"

Joshua and Joely both exclaimed as they saw each other's faces. They gaped in astonishment. Who would have thought that they could meet again?

"Why are you there?" Joshua asked.

"Help." Joely answered.

"Help?"

"JOELY! WHERE ARE YOU!? JOELY!!" Joshua flinched as he heard that frightening voice coming from the house next to his. If he was not mistaken, the voice was owned by a man in its 40's or above. There were also consecutive knocks heard from a room facing his.

"Quick! Please help!!" Joely startled.

Joshua did not know what to do. He was still trying to process everything that was happening. He's confused at the same time shock because of his sudden third encounter with Joely. What's happening?

"Yah! Joshua, wake up. I'm dead if my father would see me here." Joely said. Joshua was trying to understand what she was saying.

Father? Joely's family is our new neighbor? "W-what will I do to help?"

"Let me stay there for a while. Please? Before my father opens the door of my room and sees me here."

"What!?"

"Don't ask anything, just help me here!"

"Just wait right there." Joshua instructed.

"Wait—yah! Joshua!" Joely called Joshua as she saw him closing the window. She was trying to call Joshua louder but she was afraid that her father might hear her that she was not in her room.

Joshua walked to the door and went out the room. He silently walked down the stairs. He might wake his parents up if they would hear some footsteps. As he got on the last step, he saw a pair of feet in front of him. He looked up and he saw his dad standing. "What are you doing, son?" his dad asked suspiciously.

Joshua mentally startled. He did not know what to say. He was avoiding his dad's gaze while thinking of an excuse. "I-I am going to drink water." He said. His heart was pounding loudly. " Y-yeah, drink water."

"Really? I thought you will go out and see some girl at this time. I know that you and Jenny had broken up so there's a possibility that you are seeing someone else here."

Joshua gave his father a frowned face. "Dad, I'm brokenhearted but I don't use some other girl as a rebound." And why do you have to bring up that breakup thing? I'm trying to move on.

"Okay, then go to the kitchen and get some water to drink. Make it fast. I'll wait for you here." His dad instructed.

Joshua's jaw dropped. "Y-you don't have to. You may go first, dad."

"By saying that, you're making me think more that you are doing something fishy."

Joshua just sighed in surrender. "Fine, dad. Wait for me here." He said. He then quickly walked to the kitchen and got some water from the refrigerator. You're making things complicated, dad. How could I let Joely enter the house?