DWC#18: Where are You?

Chapter 18 Where are You?

"But there's just one thing that I can't do
And that's to make you come to me."

♪ Song: Miracles in December by EXO ♪

~♡♡♡♡♡~

"BYE, Josh. See you around." Jenny said, parting ways to Joshua as they got to her college department.

"See ya."

Jenny started walking towards the waiting Seungcheol at the college's entrance. As Jenny got in front of Seungcheol, the latter held her hand. The two waved their hands at Joshua as Joshua gestured to them that he would go ahead to the college of graduate studies. Joshua smiled in amusement as he turned his back and started walking.

Jenny and Seungcheol had made up already. Joshua was right that Jenny only jumped into conclusion that Seungcheol was cheating on her. Jenny knew from the girl herself that she's Seungcheol's younger sister who happened to study in Thailand that's why they didn't know each other. That's when Jenny also realized that Seungcheol and the girl were quite look-alike especially that they got big eyes. Jenny apologized to Seungcheol after that.

Joshua straightly walked towards his chair as he got in his department and entered the classroom. He looked at the empty chair beside him. It's been two days since Jun was absent.

A few minutes before the class started when Joshua saw Jun entering the room. He saw Jun looked at him too but Jun immediately looked away. Jun just straightly went to his chair and sat there.

That night when Joshua found the drunken Jun and learned from the latter that Joely chose him, Jun passed out. Joshua immediately searched for Jun's ID inside its bag. As he saw Jun's home address in the ID, he immediately brought Jun to its house. Jun's mom was thankful that he brought her son home.

"I'm sorry about that night." Joshua craned his neck to see Jun as he heard him suddenly speaking. Jun gave him a glance and went back to looking at the window.

Joshua faintly smiled as he turned his gaze back to the whiteboard. "It's okay. It's done already."

Jun also diverted his gaze directly to the whiteboard. He then heaved a sigh. "Do you want to know her address?"

Feeling a tinge of relief inside of him, Joshua immediately turned his head to Jun as he heard him asking that.

"I know that you are looking for Joely. You couldn't just ask me directly." Jun stated.

"I'm sorry." Joshua apologized.

"I understand. I should be the one who is sorry. When I learned from Joely about you and when she decided to cancel our wedding, I poured out my anger towards you."

Joshua looked down. He knew that Jun was hurt. He felt a guilt by thinking that.

"Honestly, I don't know where Joely is. After our breakup, I did not see her anymore. My parents knew about that and they are planning to sue Joely's mom regarding the debt she has." Jun said.

Joshua looked at Jun in curiosity. "About that debt, how come that Joely's mom is indebted to your family?"

"That debt was used for business purposes," Jun answered. "Unfortunately, that business was a failure. My parents were about to file a lawsuit against Joely's mom until they learned that Joely and I are friends. They learned that she's the girl I was talking about starting the time that we moved to China. In order to settle the problem regarding the debt, my parents and Joely's mom had an agreement that Joely should marry me. That's quite lame but I honestly liked the idea,