9. Surprise

SURPRISE

Breakfast is quiet for the most part, the team lingering around the common room afterwards.

"Anyone want to do something fun?" Pietro asks from his spot on the couch, head facing the ceiling as he talks.

"Let's just, take it easy today okay?" Tony says

"I'm going into the city later today if you guys want to come." I offer.

"To the city?" Tony asks lifting his head, the sentence getting his attention. "What for?"

"Just cause." I say. "Peter is working on a project so I'm joining him later."

"If you're going with your boyfriend then I don't want to go." Pietro says letting out a puff of air.

"We're just hanging out." I say. "Nothing special."

"Is there a time you two are not together?" Pietro asks slightly raising a brow. "I mean, you basically do everything together."

"Not everything and not all the time." I say with a pout. "We don't hang out 24/7 you know? He has a life too."

"What's the kid up to anyway?" Tony asks. "He hardly comes by anymore."

"He's preparing for a job interview."

"A job?" Steve asks, to which I nod.

"Why didn't he just say so? He can work at the tower if he wants to. Work on his widgets some more." Tony offers. "The kid has potential."

"Not sure." I say with a shrug.

"Speaking of jobs," I say, "I've been thinking about maybe getting one myself."

"Why?" Tony asks.

"Just because. I want to try something new."

"Well, the same offer goes to you. There's a spot for you if you want it."

"I'm not sure Tony. I don't really see myself working for Stark Industries. I don't think I would really fit in."

"Why not?" He asks.

"What would I do? Stark Industries is full of amazing people and to be honest, I'm not really at that level. I'm just an ordinary person, not a genius."

"Don't worry kiddo, I'm just putting it out there." Tony says sitting up. "I think you have the potential as well, just let me know if you want to give it a go."

"Thank you Tony." I say with a grateful smile. "I'll think about it."

"Is there anything you have in mind then?" Bruce asks.

"I'm not sure." I say. "But I've always wanted to work at a cafe."

"I can see that." Steve says with a smile.

"I don't see why not." Bruce says slightly pushing his glasses up. "Whatever you decide, just make sure that it's safe and that it's something you like."