13. Disagreements

DISAGREEMENTS

The next morning as I open my eyes, I see Peter's sleeping form on the chair next to my bed, his head resting near the edge of the bed, mouth slightly handing open.

With a light chuckle, I tap his shoulder slightly, the boy offering a small smile after blinking a few times, taking my left hand into his two hands.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, one hand coming to my forehead as he checks my temperature.

"A lot better, thanks." I say with a smile.

"Good." He says sitting back down. "We were starting to get worried."

"Sorry I keep doing this to you." I say rubbing the back of my neck.

"Doing what?" Peter asks confused.

"Keeping you from sleeping on a proper bed." I say looking down, the boy laughing as he shakes his head.

"It's no problem." He says. "But maybe I should bring my bed here." He suggests, both laughing until his laughter slowly dies down, his muscles tensing as he looks at the door.

Following his gaze, I tilt my head slightly to the side as I try to listen. Judging by his clenched jaw and furrowed brows, I know that something going on outside is bothering him, so I pull him into a hug, taking the boy by surprise, but he soon relaxes and hugs back.

"What's going on Pete?" I ask gently patting his back.

"Um...well...I'm not sure, but something is going on with the Avengers." He says breaking the hug, his gaze on the floor as he shifts his weight from one foot to the other.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"I don't have the details, but it's some sort of disagreement." He says pursing his lips.

"Oh." I say with a frown, walking past as I start collecting my things.

"Where are you going?" He asks holding my forearm.

"We have to find out what this is about." I say, his grip loosening as he nods. "I'll get cleaned up and meet you outside in a bit."

"Alright." He says with a small smile that doesn't meet his worried eyes, the door closing behind him.

When I turn around, I let out a yelp when I see Loki standing in front of me.

"Ah. You scared me." I say putting my hand over my heart. "What are you doing here?" I ask in a low voice.

"Is it a bad time?" He asks raising a brow.

"No. No. It's just, unexpected." I say to which he nods.

"I cannot stay long but I wanted to give you something." He says waving a hand in the air, a ring floating in the air.

The small silver ring lands on his hand, the faint glow around it disappearing. Out of curiosity I step closer and grab it, analyzing its delicate details. "Woah. It's beautiful Loki." I say with a smile.

"I'm glad it's to your liking." He says. "It's a gift of sorts. To help you with your energy." He adds, clearing his throat after.