3: hangout

HANGOUT

The next morning, I wake up feeling much better, having managed to get some decent sleep after talking with Bucky. It really did help.

However, my reflection on the mirror says otherwise, dark bags still somewhat visible under slightly puffy eyes. Hopefully I'll look better after washing my face. At least I'll feel more refreshed.

"Feeling better?" Bucky asks as we meet up in the hallway.

"Yes." I say giving him a thumbs up. "I'm feeling a lot better. Thank you Bucky."

"Glad to hear that doll." He says with a smile. "Remember that we're here for you." He says, quickly walking ahead as he sees Sam about to grab his favorite snack.

Shaking my head, I drag my feet to the kitchen and pour myself some juice, greeting the team with a 'v' or peace sign if you will, before I make something else, exchanging a few greetings as I wait for the toaster to be done.

As I drink the juice, a buzz in my pocket gets my attention, brow slightly raised as the screen lights up. Glancing around the kitchen, I quickly unlock it to see who it is, the corners of my lips turning upwards as I read the name.

bug boy bestie peter:
hey

Me: hey

I reply, trying my best not to smile as I see the dots indicating he's typing.

bug boy bestie:
wanna hang out?

Me: you know I can't :c Tony still thinks it's better for me to stay here.

bug boy bestie:
oopps...too late.
look outside your window.

My window? I think to myself looking down the hallway. He couldn't possibly mean...

Me: okay. give me a sec. I'll be there in a bit.

bug boy bestie:
okay :)

After excusing myself and rushing to my room, I quickly look outside the window, taking a step back when Peter, or should I say, Spider-man appears hanging upside down with a small wave.

"Morning Pete." I say with a smile.

"Hi." He says, looking around behind me before he asks. "Are you ready to go?"

"I...."

"Come on Ness." He says extending his hand. "Don't leave me hanging. Literally."

"Pfft." I can't help but to laugh at his joke, the boy cracking a grin as he puts on his mask. "That was a lame joke." I say clearing my throat.

"Yeah, but you still laughed didn't you?" He says, a smirk radiating from underneath the mask.

"What am I going to do with you silly boy?" I say shaking my head.

"Accept my offer and have a good time." He says, jumping down with a flip so he's standing up.

"You win." I say. "Not that you had to try too hard to convince me."