I Miss You, Asshole. - What Would You Do For Ben & Jerry's?

Start from the beginning

"M'am, you do notice you aren't wearing shoes, therefore you can't purchase anything." The young woman behind me whispered to me.

I looked down at my bare feet. "Um... yes, but since the owner is my uncle, it doesn't matter." I lied.

"Aren't you new?"

I ignore her; instead put my ice-cream on the belt thingy. The guy checks my stuff and fortunately doesn't look at my feet when I hand him my Lincoln.

"Thank you for shopping at Daily Goods." The guy called after me.

I smiled before focusing on my treasure. I was so going to dig into this and... SPLAT!

I stare in shock as the container flies out my hand and ends up on the sidewalk. The lid pops off and the ice-cream seeps out.

The guy who bumped into me looked up. I locked eyes with his green ones and my cheeks flare up. "LOGAN!" I shout so loudly.

He winces and backs up. "What?"

I bit my lip. Oh my lord. How could I be mad now? His sleepy voice was some seriously sexy shit. Ever.

"Oh." Logan gazes past me to my ruined ice-cream. "Good thing I did that, huh?"

"Huh?"

"I said, good thing I knocked that out your hand." He points at the ice-cream. "That shit's melted."

My mouth drops open.

"Might wanna go back in and buy a cooler one." He pats my shoulder twice and strides into the store.

I fume. Not even a simple "sorry."

Instead of going back inside and telling Logan off or even buying a new one like he suggested, I march home in the cold.

"Asshole," I huffed to his voice mail before hanging up. What? Yes, I have his number. I was on Facebook - minding my business - when he messaged me saying, "1234567 that's my #, call me ;)" the same day we...made out.

Out of sheer frustration, I threw my phone across the room and broke down in tears. When I sniffed and wiped the tears away, I wondered why I cried in the first place.

Maybe my period was kicking on early this week...

I dismiss the thought and go take a shower. After throwing my hair up in a pony tail, putting on gray skinny jeans, my black "Cool story bro, tell it again" sweatshirt, and dark blue converse, I left my room.

To sum it up, I was going for a walk.

To my surprise, no one is up. The television is still on, and Zach is still dozing off. ABC News is on and it shows it's already 11:30. Wow, my family is lazy.

Instead of going the same way I always go, I walk the opposite way. Up ahead is the rest of my neighborhood, and just beyond that are miles of forest.

"La, la, la...." I mumble quietly. It's still windy, gray, and cold.

"La, la, la!" a new voice joined in making me practically jump out of my skin.

I spin around to come face to face with Quinn. He smirks down at me as my heart beat starts to slow down again.

"You scared the living-"

"Shit out of you?" He interrupted, smirking harder. Why couldn't people just smile around here?

"Yeah."

"Sorry." He said after a minute of pure silence. "I was wandering around when I heard you mumbling off key." He gave me a knowing look.