Chapter 13

A/N: Two chapter finale! Yay! I'm kinda sad to end 😢 but I enjoyed writing this. It's the first fanfic I've ever actually finished. I'm so proud 😊 anyways. Here ya go! Try not to kill me for the end 😉

---------------

{Avalon's POV}

Sherlock's voice was drowned out by the sudden roar of helicopters arriving.

"Jim Moriarty and accomplice. Get on the ground." The voice came over the loudspeaker.

"I said no police!" Jim roared in anger. He pulled a smaller handgun from his inner pocket and pointed it at me. Lucius pushed me away from him as Jim fired. His hasty shot missed it's mark and only grazed my arm. There was a searing pain from the area the bullet opened, then another shot was fired. Sherlock let out a cry of pain and stumbled backwards.

"SHERLOCK NO!" Dad and I screamed in unison. Blood began flowing from the hole in his stomach as he hit the ground.

"Sherlock, listen to me. Stay with us!" Dad leant over his face, brushing the curls from his face as Sherlock weakly took his hand.

"You and your Avalon's lives are safe," his faint, breathy voice said as his eyes closed again. "I kept my vow."

Jim and Lucius took off in a flat out run, attempting to escape. There were shots fired from the helicopter, then a scream of pain from Lucius as a bullet hit his leg and he toppled forward. He motioned for Jim to keep running, and Jim took off down the staircase, some of the military men following soon behind him, the others putting cuffs on Lucius and lightly patching his leg.

I held Sherlock's scarf pressed to his wound in attempt to stop the bleeding, and Dad leaned over Sherlock, their forehead touching, noses barely grazing each other as Dad spoke. "Sherlock, no, I'm so sorry. I was never going to shoot you."

I began crying harder as I felt Sherlock's pulse getting weaker. "Dad?"

"I was only stalling for time, Sherlock, please, I knew it was an accident. I love you, Sherlock, you can't leave me!"

"Dad...he's gone." I began sobbing, holding Sherlock's hand as Dad began chest compressions, attempting to restore his love's heart, tears flowing from his eyes.

After 20 or so, dad checked his pulse. Disappointed, he continued the compressions, and began talking again. "Sherlock, cut this out. Pull yourself together, for me, Sherlock, please," when Sherlock failed to move, dad placed his forehead on Sherlock's a fountain of tears flowing from his eyes. "Sherlock, please, don't leave me, I love you. I trust you. I need you, Sherlock, I need you..." he pleaded.

Something flowed under my fingertips. "Dad..." There it was again. "Dad!" I took his hand and pressed his fingers to Sherlock's wrist. It pulsed again. By now, about 5 medics were surrounding us, ready to move Sherlock.

"Oh my god..." Blood began to ooze from the wound again as his heart began pumping again.

"Sherlock!" Dad yelled as medics quickly pulled us away from his body, hoisting him onto a stretcher.

We followed them down to the ground and watched as they hauled him into the ambulance and drive away. We decided to run home to clean up real quick before heading to the hospital.

I wrapped my blood stained hands and arms around my father, relieved. He was ok, I was ok, and Sherlock would be ok.

After a minute or so, Dad broke the ice. "What the hell are you wearing?"

I looked down at my blood-stained, black, leather catsuit that was becoming uncomfortable. I laughed heartily as I looked into my fathers face that was now glowing with a comforting smile.

It was over. It was finally over.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Warning! This is not the last part! There's a bit more to the story you'll want to read! Sorry this chapter was short 😕 If you've made it this far, thank you so much for being a loyal reader! It means a ton to me! Thanks so very much! xx