Goodbye Samantha

~this is a flashback~

'SAMANTHA, WATCH OUT'

SCREECH....

There she was, my best friend. Lying lifelessly on the tarmac. The guy driving the car got out and stared crying, then he came over to me.

'I.. I'm so sorry... I.. I'll call an ambulance'

I couldn't answer him, I couldn't move...
It was too late, she was already gone.

I could have saved her....

————————

It was the day of her funeral. I stood there watching her being lowered into the ground. All I could do was cry until there were no more tears to cry.

My best friend.

Dead.

It should have been me.

I should be the one being lowered into the ground.

Not her.

She had done nothing wrong.

She didn't deserve to have her life cut short.

WHY HER...

She should have been able to live her life happily.

Found someone and got married to him.

Have kids.

Be with me throughout my- Our lives.

Of all the people I  the world...

It was her...

Goodbye Samantha, my best friend no matter what.

I'll find someone else to call my best friend.

But they won't be, no one can replace you.

'alex... I'm sorry'

'it's okay jin, it wasn't your fault'

'I know but i can understand how you feel... You wish it was you don't you?'

'yes'

'well don't'

'why'

'everything happens for a reason'

'it shouldn't, she didn't deserve to die'

'alex, death is inevitable '

'don't make me more depressed' I laughed

'it's true though'

'but death is my biggest fear, especially after I had to witness my best friend be killed in front of me. I didn't deserve to witness that. Is sounds like I'm sorry for myself but I'm not, it's just that. No one deserves that pain'

'she'll always be watching us... No she'll always be watching you, even if she's dead. No one can ruin a best friends bond'

'jin'

'yeah'

'be my best friend. We will never have a bond like me and Samantha did but please, be the person I can go to for help. Be the person I can cry to when I'm heart broken. Be the person who will never leave my side, dead or alive. You'll be just like Samantha but... Not. If you get what I mean'

'I understand, I'll always be that person for you, just like Samantha but not.'