21. Appeal Round

{Veilstone City | Contest Hall}

Shit, there were a ton of people in this massive place

May and Gary were checking out the stalls outside and Reggie had gone to keep Johanna company. Leaf was helping Dawn get ready. I had the worst job, saving a trail of empty seats for them.

By the time they'd all returned, the announcer, an overly-enthusiastic woman named Marian, was asking for silence.

Leaf slipped into the seat next to me and murmured, "Dawn looks so good."

I rolled my eyes, "Why do I need to know that?"

"Shut up and watch." Leaf smirked before turning to the stage.

I watched in boredom as a middle-aged guy pulled out a Pichu and Raichu, making them look flashy with a lightening effect. Sure, the moves looked good, but the Pokemon didn't; they looked worn out and unhealthy.

Next was Solidad, who used annoyingly impressive moves that looked good as a combination. But honestly, the judges didn't seem very impressed. I'm guessing everything was too typical.

Here she comes, number 3.

"And now, from Twinleaf Town we have a newcomer. Please welcome Dawn, a Freshman from Sandgem High School." Marian bellowed.

The spotlight flashed onto my Troublesome and I gulped, eyes focusing on her. She was wearing black heeled boots that made her pale legs look longer. The jumper that was tucked into her skirt showed skin from her shoulders, whilst her hair was up in two buns, her bangs flowing out.

I bit my lip, she looked good. I'd never seen her dressed up.

Some of the crowd cheered as everyone beside me started screaming, "Go Dawn!"

Gary was whistling and I could feel a bunch of other guys do the same, only not so friendly.

"Alright!" I could faintly hear her, but noticed she wasn't holding her Poké Balls, "Lucario, Charmander, spotlight!"

Everyone gasped as Lucario suddenly appeared in the centre of the field, holding a Poké Ball. He jumped up, then released the ball as blue and orange flames surrounded him and Charmander.

As they disappeared, Marian commented, "What a unique entrance!"

"Charmander, Fire Spin!"

As a Fire Spin surrounded her Pokémon, Lucario's eyes flashed, a strong blue aura creating a second layer around it.

"Wow!" Marian narrated, "Looks like Dawn's using telepathy with Lucario"

"Slash!"

The two Pokémon were back to back as they both attacked the spirals, it split into half and then disintegrated into twinkles.