3. Experiments

{Twinleaf Town | Dawn's Home}

Having finished packing my clothes to stay over at May's, I brought my bag and incubator downstairs

Having finished packing my clothes to stay over at May's, I brought my bag and incubator downstairs. Grinning, I patted the glass, "Good morning stranger, you're looking mighty fine."

Indeed, the egg did look splendid. Maybe I was being biased, but barely any people had any movements from their eggs, whilst mine was now regularly moving.

As I quickly ate a slice of toast, I noticed my mum in the living room, watching the news. I walked in and paused, listening to the reporter:

"Jubilife city might be lively, but all the commotion is a perfect scene for these criminals to act. Just yesterday night, five different items were noted stolen, including a limited edition Poké Ball. Theories are revolving around an organisation that focuses on valuable data. If you have any idea or information regarding these crimes, please contact us using the email or number below.

In other news..."

I sighed, "This is crazy, who would want to steal a Poké ball?"

"Be careful dear." Mum looked up at me, face creased in worry.

Her face had lost it's known shine, and her eyes emitted a weary aura. Mum had become so thin that I was considering cutting off my own fat to stick to her.

"You should too," I sternly said, "I need you to eat more."

"Darling, I'm sorry about what happened." She ran a hand through her straggled hair.

I shook my head and smiled, "No need to worry, I was just protecting you."

She chuckled softly, "That's when I worry the most. But have a nice day, enjoy the stay at your friend's place."

I hugged her frail figure, "I will, now make sure to take care of yourself!"

After slipping out of the house, I placed the incubator at the front basket of my bike and began cycling towards school.

I had Chemistry today with him...

I didn't intend to be rude or snap at him. I just had no idea of how to act when he started questioning my injury. Nobody had ever realised, so why, out of all people, did Paul have to?

I was grateful that Paul looked after my egg, but when his eyes locked into mine, I was too scared of giving everything away.

~~•~•~~

{Sandgem High School | Ground Floor}