9. Honesty

{Twinleaf Town | Dawn's Home}

I took a deep breath, then unlocked the door as Reggie and Paul stood behind me

"She's not here." I murmured.

It was the day after Christmas, and I was still wondering how the hell I stayed under the same roof with just two guys. We entered my house and I wrinkled my nose, the curtains were drawn and there were dirty dishes in the sink.

"I'm sorry for the mess," I apologised, "normally I'm the one cleaning it."

"Don't worry, I'll use help out." Reggie smiled warmly before heading to open the curtains.

I returned his smile, "If only the rest of the world was as nice as you."

"We'd all be bloody dandelions." Paul muttered.

I ignored him, noticing a note stuck to the fridge door and moving closer to read it, "I've started working night shifts, stay safe."

"Full of love." Paul muttered sarcastically.

I sighed, "She's probably working at night so less people recognise her."

The vision of Cyrus fiddling with my Dex filled my mind again and a nasty thought struck me, making me clutch onto Paul's arm.

"Can you come with me to my room?"

He looked taken aback and I winced at my choice of words, "Sorry. It's just, the only way Cyrus got my Pokédex is because it was in my room."

"And you don't like the thought of him snooping around there," Paul finished off before releasing my sudden grip of him, "let's go."

I ran up the stairs with him following behind, then flung my room door open and eyed everything suspiciously. I left Paul to stare at the photos on my memory wall whilst I rummaged through my drawers.

Considering what he had tried to do to me before, I wasn't letting anything slide.

Once I gave everything the okay, I returned back to where Paul was standing, "Watch'a looking at?"

"You sure liked the colour pink, huh?" He muttered.

I cringed, "Can we put that past us please?"

"Hmph." He replied before looking at another picture, "Who's this guy? You have a lot of him, don't tell me you're a creepy fangirl."

I bit my lip sadly as my eyes met the photo that had captured thousands of memories. He was pushed to an even further corner than Cyrus.

Lucas's familiar black spiked hair was tucked under that classic red hat, that calming smile on his face. His reliable arm wrapped around a younger me; our eyes staring into each others.

"Oh," I snapped back into reality as Stranger prodded my back, "that's Lucas, we dated."

"And?" Paul said, with a surprising tone of curiosity.