10. Parties

{Eterna City | May's Home}

I had dropped my clothes back at home before taking everything I needed

I had dropped my clothes back at home before taking everything I needed. Mum was fast asleep, and I didn't want to disturb her, or actually talk to her. May and I had agreed to get ready at her place, but after the party, I would return home.

I also called Ash and managed to set up for Drew to pick us up; the only problem was that I'd be third wheeling on May's surprise.

Now, it was finally time to get ready.

I had grabbed my trusty Gardevoir makeup bag; something about finally using makeup was therapeutic for me

May wanted me to do her makeup too. I started after making sure there were no crumbs on that cute face. I gave her brown, smokey eyeshadow with a little inner-corner gold. I also outlined her lips in a soft nude shade before using a similar matte lipstick; we couldn't have May eating her makeup.

Stranger curiously sat on the bed, watching in amusement as we lightly argued about if Psyduck or Golduck made the better Inspector in yesterday's movie.

"Done, now get changed!" I ordered her, moving to the bathroom to fix my face.

Staring at the mirror, I lightly blended some concealer into my skin; the late nights had damaged my under-eyes. I gently sculpted my face for a little dimension, then got to work on my eyes. I dusted some light brown eyeshadow over my eyelids, then reached for a slim black pen.

"Dawn?"

"May, I'm doing my eyeliner! Give me a decade."

"It's fine, you've got this!"

I smiled, then carefully extended the wings as I hummed to myself. In a few minutes, I finally agreed with the outcome and added a bright pink to my inner-corners; mirroring what I'd seen from the latest Hearthome magazine. My eyelashes were brushed over in my everyday mascara, and I added a nude lip tint to finish off.

"Can you give me my dress please?" I called out, opening the door.

"Here," She passed it to me, then groaned, "I need you to lace up my boots."

"Sure. Just a second." I laughed, closing the door and slipping into a black halter-neck minidress. It fitted comfortably and contrasted with my pale skin; the moment I saw it in Lila's Boutique, I just had to have it.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw May struggling with the lace-up boots I had bought her. She looked gorgeous in a maroon laced dress that reached her thighs.

"Sit down." I giggled, looking at the thin holes in horror.

Having threading the laces, and hurting my fingers in the process, I chose some of her jewellery to borrow. We began singing like idiots whilst doing our hair; both of us had gone for simple waves.