-twelve-

I stared at his hand holding our booking confirmation for a little too long. I hadn't even known that Luke had gone and already booked everything. We hadn't even talked about me going to England yet. I didn't want to. I couldn't. There was no freaking wa-

"Well? I'm waiting." Billie Joe stared at me. He looked less than pleased.

Alright Melina, you can do this. Just whatever you do, don't look him in the eye until you're done talking otherwise you'll start stuttering like an idiot.

"Uhm. Well. Okay. So, Luke and his band are going on a UK tour and he wants me to go to the few shows they have in England. But I never said I was actually going to go. I thought him and I would be able to talk about it first rather than him just go out and already book everything." I answered truthfully and meekly. His stare made me nervous. He looked like he was ready to kill me.

He shook his head and tossed the papers back onto my island table. "You are so stupid." he muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. This guy is no good for you at all. And you're gonna go to England with him? And what? Meet his family? You're going to choose that piece of shit over me?!" with every question he asked his voice got louder and angrier. 

"I never got the chance to say no to any of this" I replied, my voice raising a bit as well.

"Well would you?" he asked. 

I stayed silent for a minute, making him laugh dryly and mutter "go figure".

"I don't know okay?! It's a conversation Luke and I need to have. And honestly, it's none of your business." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"It is SO my business!" he shot back.

"Why's that?" 

"Cause you're my business." he growled.

"No I am not!" I yelled.

"Yes you are. You're mi-" he cut himself off. All that was audible was his heavy breathing. I held my breath, wondering if he was going to say exactly what I wanted him to say.

After he controlled his breathing, he continued. "you're my responsibility, being apart of my play and all."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "So you mean to tell me you do this to everyone that is in your play?" 

He smirked slightly. "No. I mean, I have been to Tracey's apartment but it didn't get this personal." 

Okay that one hurt. He knew what he was doing. He was angry with me and wanted to hurt me. I guess some things never change. 

"Right. Well thanks for admitting to that before ever trying to make another move on me. I dodged quite a few STDs there." I sighed as I walked off towards the front door. 

I heard his footsteps follow me. "Excuse me?" he asked, grabbing my wrist and gently turning me to face him. 

"You heard me," I removed my wrist from his grasp and opened the front door for him. "well I'd say that this has been fun and all; but it hasn't." I motioned to the door, signalling for him to leave.

He glared at me and didn't move for a while. I held my head up anyway. I wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction of knowing how much he actually did intimidate me.

Eventually he walked out the door but not before saying "Don't bother showing up to rehearsals anymore." 

Bitch move, Billie Joe.

"Wasn't planning on it. Bye!" I shot him a fake smile before slamming the door in his face.

I leaned against my front door before sliding down it and letting out a frustrated sigh. Here I thought we were making progress. In reality, we were just as screwed up as ever. 

Can't I just have one day, ONE DAY, where my life is actually okay and I don't feel the need to throw myself off a building?

Apparently not.

After a while, I stood up. Only cause I heard my phone go off. I got up off the floor and headed over to the phone that was beeping like crazy.

Luke was calling me. 

Great.

I was wishing this day would just end already.

Reluctantly, I answered the phone. "Hey Luke" 

"Melina! Hey! What are you doing tonight? I was hoping we could go out to dinner. I found this really cool place that we should check out." Luke spoke. It sounded like he was in a rush, walking briskly through the streets of Manhattan.

"Uhm," I really wasn't feeling like fixing myself up for tonight. But then again, this would be the chance for me to talk things out about going to London with Luke. "yeah, that sounds fine. What time are you thinking?" 

"I can be at your place in like half an hour and we can leave whenever you're ready" he replied, I heard the sound of a subway car's doors opening in the background. 

"Okay, that sounds good. I'll see you when you get here." 

"Okay, I gotta go. I love you!" and before I knew it, his cell reception cut out and ended our call.

I froze. His words replaying in my head.

He WHAT?!

No.

He couldn't.

There's no way.

Oh hell, this is not good.

. . .

A/N: short chapter, I'm sorry :(

Hopefully the next one will make up for this! I have a lot going on so again, I'm sorry if you hated this, I just really wanted to update. 

Let me know if you loved or hated it? Your comments ALWAYS make my day. 

Thanks for still giving this book a chance and have a good day/night/week/year/life!

Rage & Love ~