-one-

I felt as if I was dreaming. I wanted to pinch myself. This couldn't be real. Until we spoke.

"Billie Joe?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

He cleared his throat. "Yes ma'am?"

. . .

I could not believe this. It made absolutely no sense to me. Was Billie Joe not a teacher anymore? Was he pursuing music now? I mean clearly he was, he was standing right in front of me with a god damn guitar on a Broadway stage. In New York City.

He looked me up and down. Observing me as if I was his prey or something along those lines. He seemed just as surprised as me. Maybe even more.

This had to be a god damn dream.

He shook himself out of whatever trance he was in and gestured for me to sit down with him. I hadn't even noticed that there were two chairs set up for us. I sat down and looked at him, much too afraid to utter a word.

"Right. So uhm, here's the lyrics," he handed me some music sheets. "try and follow along best you can."

I went to grab the paper and of course, my hand was shaking like crazy.

"Don't be so nervous Melina, you can do this." Amy encouraged me from the side of the stage.

Oh lady, you have waaaaay too much faith in me.

I cleared my throat and read over the lyrics. Well, here goes everything.

Billie started to strum his acoustic guitar. He made it look so easy. And before I knew it, he started to sing.

"Thought I ran into you down on the street,

Then it turned out to only be a dream.

I made a point to burn all of the photographs,

She went anyway and then I took a different path

I remember the face but I can't recall the name

Now I wonder how whatsername has been."

I made the mistake of locking eyes with him. I felt as if my throat was closing up. His lyrics were hitting all of my nerves and all I wanted to do was cry. But then I realized, he was only looking at me because it was my turn to sing.

"Seems that she disappeared without a trace

Did she ever marry old what's his face?

I made a point to burn all of the photographs,

She went away and then I took a different path

I remember the face but I can't recall the name,

Now I wonder how whatsername has been"

He began what appeared to be a guitar solo. This song was so beautiful but it hurt like hell. I had a million thoughts running through my mind. A whole bunch of memories. All the late nights. The movie marathons. The dinner dates. The time he took me to his guitar store. The time he told me he loved me. All his words of encouragement. His hugs. His kisses. The way he would look at me, as if I was the most interesting person on the whole damn planet.

And how I threw it all away.

I bowed my head, letting my hair cover my face so I could wipe away a tear I felt rolling down my cheek.

"Remember, whatever

It seems like forever to go

Remember, whatever

It seems like forever ago"

And again, Billie Joe took over.

"The regrets are useless in my mind

She's in my head

I must confess

The regrets are useless in my mind

She's in my head

So long ago"

He looked at me again, nodding that I was to finish off the song.

"And in the darkest night

If my memory serves me right

I'll never turn back time"

And then my emotions got the better of me, and I finished the song basically in tears.

"Forgetting you, but n-not the time"

I knew he was looking at me. But I couldn't look at him. I didn't deserve to. I shouldn't have even auditioned. I should have booked it out of the building as soon as I saw him. But I didn't.

"Wow that was amazing. The chemistry you two share already is insane!" Amy praised us.

Fucking hell Amy, you're not helping here.

I sniffed slightly, and wiped away a few tears before I put on a fake smile for everyone that was in the room with us.

"Are you alright, miss?" one of the men who I assumed was auditioning people asked me. I guess I wasn't as subtle as I thought.

"Me? Oh yeah, definitely. I'm fine. That song was just really.. beautiful."

I could feel his fucking stare again. I needed to get out of here.

Thankfully, Amy saved me.

"Well that was incredible. And we'll definitely be calling you for a follow-up, right guys?"

Everyone nodded. Including Billie Joe.

"Perfect. Okay, thanks for coming in Melina. I'll call you tomorrow?" Amy asked.

"That sounds great." I smiled at her. I got up and exited the stage and took the side door to exit the building after saying goodbye to everyone.

Once outside, I wrapped my arms around myself and felt the tears threatening to spill. Like for real. I hated crying. Especially in front of people. But now I was alone and had no problem doing so.

I heard the door that I had just come from open and close. I let out a gasp and wiped away the tears.

I didn't even get the chance to turn around before I heard his voice.

"You really think I'm gonna let you get away that easily again?"

. . .

A/N: WELCOME TO THE SEQUEL, BITCHES.

I won't lie, I cried like a bitch while writing this. But did you expect me to post the new story this early???? I'm kinda proud of myself.

I have soooo many fucking ideas for this one you guys, it's gonna be one hell of a ride. Again.

Thanks for reading everyone, maybe do me a favor and share this one if you like?? Muchas gracias babes!

Rage & Love ~