-three-

I felt like a total idiot. I did not handle that situation with Billie Joe too well. I mean, I got him mad at me. Again. Go figure.

But honestly, my mind kept wandering to our conversation. How he believed this was fate. Did he like the way I sung his song? I couldn't deny that I thought the song was written about me. But thinking that seemed so damn conceited.

Finally, I made it up the thousands and thousands of stairs to get up to my apartment. Alright, I may be exaggerating a little bit. I'm only on the fourth floor but hey I am not in shape at all and am deathly afraid of elevators. It's a rough life I live.

Speaking of a rough life...

"Heyyyy, there's my girl"

"Luke, please don't tell me you're drunk" I laughed at him. He was currently sitting against my door, holding a bottle of Jack in his hand. His shirt was ripped slightly and he was missing a shoe.

"Okay but only since you said please, I'm not drunk" he beamed at me, making me shake my head with a laugh.

He got up off the floor and moved to the side so I could open the door. We walked into the tiny apartment. Well, Luke stumbled a little bit, making us both giggle.

I closed the door behind us and when I turned around, Luke had me nearly pressed up against it.

"Hi" I smiled making him laugh. He leaned in a pressed a soft kiss to my lips. He pulled away and I ran a hand through his hair and rested it on the back of his neck, making him smile.

"I uh, I got ya a little graduation present" he stepped back, making my hand drop from his neck. He took an envelope out of his pocket and handed it to me.

It had cash in it, sectioned off into two sections. One labelled "rent" and the other labelled "utilities". And behind it was a gift card to Victoria Secret, making me blush slightly.

"Luke, this is incredible. You didn't have to do this."

"I know, but I wanted to. I don't want you suffering or worrying that you're going to get evicted. And besides, I think I owe you some new underwear" he smirked making me shove him playfully. He laughed loudly at this.

I guess you could say Luke and I were in a relationship. But to be honest, it was more of a friends with benefits type of relationship.

I met Luke one night at work, months ago. I work in a dive bar just outside of Manhattan. Luke and his band, The Struts, were touring and they decided to show up at my work after a show. He saved me from a drunk creep that just would not take no for an answer. I thanked him, said I owed him one, he took me on a date, and well; we've been hooking up ever since.

I wouldn't dare to try and romanticize what we have going on between us. Luke was a great guy and an incredible musician. But I promised myself that I would never fall in love again. It hurt too much.

"So, how about I take you out for dinner? I think a little celebration is in order" Luke asked, breaking me out of my little flashback.

I smirked. "I'd say yes but you have a half empty bottle of Jack in your hand and are having a hard time standing"

He laughed. "The bottle is actually half full love, and I can walk perfectly fine, I just lean cause I'm lazy."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Yeah, I'm just gonna order chinese food"

"Oh alright, I see how it is" He rolled his eyes with a smile and headed over to my couch, tripping himself in the process. I tried not to laugh, but failed miserably.

After I ordered our dinner and tucked away my gift from Luke, I joined him on the couch. He took it upon himself to drag me onto his lap.

"So love, did you get the part?" Luke asked, pulling me closer by my side.

"I think they liked me. My professor said she's gonna call me tomorrow. They'll probably make me audition again but the songs are pretty great so it's fine with me" I smiled.

Girl, don't even lie. You're just excited to see Billie Joe again.

Oh great, that voice is back.

"That's awesome, I wanna come see your audition, if that's okay with you" he smiled up at me.

I leaned down and kissed him on the cheek. "Of course that's okay, you're my good luck charm."

"How long did they say it would be until the food got here?" he asked, a smirk on his face. Oh god.

I smirked back "twenty minutes or so"

He flipped me over on the couch, making me squeal. He laughed at this and hovered over me. "May as well get a head start on our celebration, yeah?"

He leaned down and kissed me rather roughly. I let out a moan at this. His kisses were incredible.

But they weren't from Billie Joe.

. . .
A/N: oh you thought Billie Joe and Melina were gonna get back real easy did ya? YOU THOUGHT WRONG.

Well damn, that sounded a lot more playful in my head.

Anyway, thanks for reading babes! I can't believe this already has over 100 votes and I've one published two chapters :o

You guys seriously rock, thanks again!

Rage & Love ~