Chapter 9: Times of Change

Jamie smiled at Adrianna as she looked her in the eye. "You know, I noticed you didn't fight as hard as most humans would've when i bit down on your neck. I wonder, if you want to be like me ..." said Jamie, as Adrianna squirmed with intense anxiety. Jamie took Adrianna's hand, attempting to comfort her nervous girlfriend. "Well... you are right. I do wanna be like you, i will admit that. But I wondered how people would react to that, especially Byron.  I worry this would hurt him more then anyone else." Jamie listened as hurt rang loud in Adrianna's voice. Jamie felt a pang of guilt for she wanted Adrianna to be like her.
      Meanwhile, Sasha and Byron were back in their house. Sasha got dressed and came back out into their main living room. "So what do you think of me in my wolf form, irregardless of it being a curse?" Byron looked down, nervous to admit that he really enjoyed Sasha in her wolf form. Sasha looked at her brother and chuckled when she realized what he was thinking. "So you really like me in my wolf firm, huh?" Byron startled out his state of nervousness and said, "Huh?!? Oh ..." He smiled sheepishly as he thought about it. Sasha gave him a comforting look as she said, "The sun will rise and so will my wolf." Byron smiled at the thought of seeing his sister as a wolf.
      Adrianna and Jamie sat in silence as they both stared at the ground. "So what is it like to be a vampire?" asked Adrianna, too curious to not ask. Jamie giggled as she said her response. "Well, it is like being supercharged with energy. But it comes at a price, a price of unending hunger and blood lust." Adrianna watched as Jamie's eyes darkened as she said 'blood lust'. She wondered if that 'blood lust' is what caused Jamie to attack her that day.
       Adrianna slowly placed her hand on Jamie's leg, she was about to ask Jamie to do something she may not be willing to do. "Will you,-um- bite me and turn me?" Jamie looked away as her vampire urges came rushing out at the request. "I-I can't Adrianna! I might hurt you!" protested Jamie against Adrianna's demand. Adrianna started to walk away, broken-hearted by Jamie's response to her. Jamie, watching her girlfriend leave, quickly jumped up and said, "Fine, I will turn you but under one condition; you let Sasha make you a hybrid." Adrianna stared at Jamie in confusion. "What do you mean hybrid?" Jamie sighed as she began explaining. "Well, I passed Byron's house the other day and I smelled Sasha but then I smelled a wolf, so I figured rather quickly that she was a werewolf." Adrianna gasped at the revelation that Byron's sister was a werewolf. But she wondered if Jame would truly go through with her agreement as long as Adrianna became a hybrid. "So if let Sasha make me a hybrid, will you keep up your end as well?" Jamie nodded yes, Adrianna gleamed in happiness at the answer. They headed off to Byron's house.