Chapter 11

But that's where I'm wrong. A different song played again and everybody separated probably finding another partner.

Then someone stood in front of me. His hand held out. 

"May I have this dance?"

===

Hyuna's POV

May I have this dance?

No. 

The word repeated again and again in my head urging me to say it out loud. But I can't seem to do it.

Ughh! The look on his face how can I resist that? That gentleness in his smile and eyes. Even though half of his face is covered with the mask, I can still see the pure look of joy and adoration-

Adoration? No that's ridiculous.

"Uh... I don't know how to dance." I muttered looking down.

"Hey, that's not fair." He said. I looked at him in confusion.

His face lightened up when I gazed up at him. "The ground can see your beautiful face and I can't." He added, making me blush.

"Oh." This is so embarrassing, I can tell that my face is probably as red as a tomato. Knowing that I looked down again not wanting him to see me flustered.

How does he even know that I'm beautiful, I have a mask on.

"I just know."

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes." Oh gosh, I'm dying of embarrassment here, if the ground can eat me. I will gladly let it.

"Now don't hide your face from me." He tilted my chin up. Making our eyes meet up, I was lost in his brown orbs. I don't know how long we were staring at each other.

Unknown POV

I was staring at her and I can't seem to get my gaze off of her. Luckily, I got out of my trance.

"About that dance, don't worry I'll teach you." I smiled gently at her, wanting her to know that she is safe with me. And I really do want her to feel like it.

I sound like we are together, but I feel a connection with her that I need to protect her. Even though we don't even know each other.

~The Next Day~

Hyuna's POV

"I can't believe that happened." I exclaimed, I smiled at the thought of what happened last night.

~~~

He offered me his hand, surprisingly I accepted it. This is so different from what I assumed,  just a few minutes ago my mind is made up that I will not be dancing with anyone. But here I am accepting the hand of this stranger who called me beautiful and wants to dance with me.

He grasped my hand softly but firmly like he never wanted to let go.

As we approached the dance floor, a new song came up. This is the last song which means that I have to take off my mask and introduce myself to him.

He placed my hand on his shoulder and slipped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

He must've of realized that my body is stiff and tensed.

"Relax." He chuckled. " There's nothing to be afraid of. It's just dancing."

I blushed. He's right, why am I so nervous?

Maybe because of him.

He swayed us gently, guiding me with our intertwined hands.

The dance continued and I kept stepping on his foot causing him to chuckle continuously. He said it's fine and normal since I'm just a beginner. But still, I kept apologizing.

As the song ended. He took off his mask and I instantly froze on my spot.

"Hey there beautiful, I'm Jeon Jungkook!"