Chapter 10

Hyuna's POV

"Ugh, come on Hyuna! You look good, probably the best in the party, don't doubt yourself." We are at my house. And Minh is currently pushing me out of the room.

"But-"

"No! Can't you see yourself?..." She turned me around for me to face the mirror. "You are beautiful, in your own way. Hell! If I were just a boy, I would court you." I look at her horrified, does that mean that she's interested in me all this time?

She laughed when she saw my reaction.

"But of course, I wouldn't do that since I'm a girl and straight. And I'm not interested especially you're my best friend..." She grimaced. "I'm just telling you that for you to know that you are the most lovely girl I met. Because you are also kind, caring and loving. You are beautiful on the inside and out."

I was shocked, this is the first time Minh told me those compliments. Since she often teases me and I never heard her say something so sincere.

Before I can say something, she already tugged me out of my room.

"Enough of the drama. Let's go party!!"

~~~

"Wow!" I looked up amused to all the decorations in the ball room. I can't describe how beautiful the place is.

Minh looked at me and smirked. "That's what you get for not attending parties, trust me their parties are the best."

I laughed seeing her eyes twinkle with delight, I won't blame her though. It is magnificent and very elegant. And I will surely not regret going to this party.

Minh pulled me to the tables and we sat on our reserved seats.

"So... what do you think? It's good, isn't it?" She beamed, looking at the dance floor filled with teenagers dancing wildly.

"It's great, to be honest. I'm enjoying." The venue, the aura, the sounds and lights. Now, I felt really bad that I only attended the party in my senior year. At least this won't be the last one.

I saw the Dean ascend from the stairs, he faced us with a smile on his face. Everybody quieted down as he began to speak.

"Good evening, everyone. I hope you are having a great night. We..." He pointed to the other teachers. "are so glad that you came to the acquaintance party with us. Feel free to enjoy the party because I'm sure you won't have the time to when this party is over."

He's right after this night we will have to focus more on our studies, tests will come up soon. And we need to ace it to pass and graduate.

A slow song began playing and the students paired with one another.

"Oh, my gosh, who'd be my partner? I hope he's hot." Minh whispered excitedly, we are still her at the tables and no one asked one of us yet. Some students are still inviting though, while a few didn't want to the dance.

"Wait, you never told me about any of this." I told Minh, panicking a little. What if no one wants to dance with me? What if someone asked but I don't want to? I don't want to hurt his feelings.

I'm really confusing sometimes, I want to be asked to dance, but then I want to refuse them.

Minh rolled her eyes, sighing. "I forgot, it will be okay, you don't have to be nervous... on the second thought. Do you know how to dance?"

Now that's the problem I don't know how. If I would dance with someone right now, they will have sore feet.

Minh saw my reaction, nodding. "That's fine you could just tell them you don't want to and they'll leave you alone. But if you like to, just go with it. And remember to take your mask off when the last song ends." She pointed to my mask "Then you introduce yourselves to each other. It is kind of a tradition."

Someone invited her to dance before she can continue, she walked off with the stranger guy.

But before they left she mouthed 'good luck' and sending me a teasing wink.

I sighed, everything will be fine. I will just refuse and they'd leave me alone.

The song finished and nobody invited me. I breathed a sigh of relief, I thought it wouldn't be over.

But that's where I'm wrong. A different song played again and everybody separated probably finding another partner.

Then someone stood in front of me. His hand held out.

"May I have this dance?"

====

I was really busy these past few weeks so it took too long to update. Still, I hope you support and be patient with my story. :D