Deal

Three days had gone by since the last time Harry had spoken to Uma. Harry walked around without his usual swagger. Uma's temper had reached levels that it hasn't reached in a while.

They both were feeling lost without each other but they handled it in different ways. One destroyed while one just went through the motions of destroying. Harry pasted on the fakest smile when he was surrounded by people but when he wasn't he dropped it and sighed.

Harry for one hated this need for "space" because it seemed to be hurting him more than helping him. He felt like he only said he needed time to get Uma to feel like he did at the moment he said it, destroyed and hopeless. He felt like the Isle was a prison in more ways than one without Uma. He felt the weight of the world on his shoulder and couldn't find a way to relieve it. He didn't drink again because he didn't want to risk his dad noticing his drinks were missing. He didn't drink because he didn't want to end up like his father, a mean abusive drunk. He didn't drink because he remembered the look on Uma's face every time he thought of picking one up. So instead he just went through the motions of living. School, destroy, home.

He thought "space" would clear his emotions, but instead it made it more clear that he needed Uma in his life. She was his confidence, his rock and without her he felt useless, worthless, lost. Exactly what his father said he was. He pulled his hair as his mind continued to race.

But would we be the same? Would we? Would we go back to how we were? She said we would, yet it feels like there's even more tension than before. She said that I'll always be her number one. That we will always have each other. Then why does it feel like the end? Why does it feel like our banter will never go back to the way it was? He thought, this space doesn't help it just makes me more confused, he groaned, as he walked through the stores aimlessly.

As his thoughts continued to race, he stopped when he reached the beach. Staring out again at Auradon, he thought, If only we were in a place that accepted emotions, quickly shaking his head at the thought, he sat down on the sand. Water always calmed him, but today it wasn't having the same effect. I miss Uma, he thought, but I can't face her in this state. He sighed and then jumped when he heard, "Seems like that time isn't doing you any good, Hook."

He looked up and saw Uma looking at him with a raised eyebrow and her arms crossed. When he didn't reply she said, "Well?"

He closed his eyes and said, "Not as much as I thought it would," He admitted.

"Because space won't fix this," Uma said and kneeled in front of him, "It didn't work when I did it. What helped was talking to you."

Harry opened an eye and looked at her, "So talking will help me? Sure," he rolled his eyes, unconvinced.

"You never know if you don't try," Uma said as she reached to ruffle his hair.

Harry closed his eyes and a small pleasurable smile appeared on his face. Then he dropped it as he glared, "Therein lies the problem."

Removing her hand from his hair she asked confused, "What?"

"You touching me is a problem." He stared at her.

"So you don't want me to touch you?" Uma tilted her head. Touching has always been a part of their relationship. Having never heard complaints about it before they both just kept it going.

"No, Uma. That's not it." He shook his head as he tried to put what he wanted into words, "When do I know the limit? When does it get too personal? When does it cross our limits of friends?" He spat out the words "friends" in distaste.