Assembly

"So, instead of class today there is a school assembly," The teacher began. Everyone stared at him confused because a school assembly was very very rare. School assembly's only happened when something completely unacceptable was done, and since basically everything was acceptable, they were few. "The principal wants us all together for what he has to say." The teacher shrugged her shoulders. "Come on." She walked to the door and waited for them to pack their stuff and walk towards her. They exited the class and began walking to the auditorium, the only place big enough to hold the school at once.

Uma looked around and saw every class heading towards the auditorium. Spotting Harry she walked towards him and asked, "What do you think this is going to be about?"

Harry shrugged, "Don't know, but I guess we'll find out."

They walked in and sat in the middle back row and waited. The room was loud, with multiple people talking at once. Uma and Harry chatted as they waited for the principal to walk in.

"Settle down!" The principal demanded in the microphone that was set on the podium in the center of the stage. Slowly the students quieted down and gave him their attention, "Okay." He began as he looked around the auditorium. "I've noticed that many of you have created friend groups and those friend groups are the one's you've been in for years now." He grabbed the microphone and backed away from his podium and walked closer to the edge of the stage, closer to the students. "And that students, is not something you should allow yourself to do." He shook his head as he looked around the auditorium again, "The closer you become to people, the easier it is for them to hurt you."

People started speaking at once denying that it would ever happen, that it could ever happen. The principal raised his hand and the room quieted again, "I'm not saying that they all would," He quickly denied, "I'm saying that they could. Most people become evil because of a friends betrayal. Enemy's are bad, but you know that they are out to get you. Friends, on the other hand, you don't know if they are plotting to ruin you."

He paused and silence fell over the crowd. Everyone looked at the person next to them, and then looked away. Uma and Harry stared at each other and looked back at the principal.

"So," he began again. "Since I've been walking around the halls for these past years, I know each group and who's comfy with who." Everyone held their breath as they saw a wicked smile appear on his face, "And I am going to separate you."

Uma and Harry shouted, "WHAT?" at the same time. The crowd erupted in disbelief and anger.

"Quiet down!" He demanded again, he felt the tension increase in the room and didn't care, he went on, "Relax, it's not forever." He shook his head as he heard sighs of relief. "When you stick to only one person or one group of friends feelings like trust and happiness and maybe even 'liking,'" he said with a look of disgust on his face, "can occur. And feelings on the Isle, actually anywhere, can possibly end you and I just want you to know that." he warned. "So for a week, I am separating each and every clique, every partner in crimes and I'll be setting you with someone you've never talked to before.They will be in your grade, and they are the only person you can talk to." He heard groans and went on, "I have eyes everywhere so before you even think of disobeying me, know that if you even glance in the direction of your friend, you will be punished. This school is in need of a good clean, and you'll be the one who does it, for a whole year, so don't test me."

"This experiment, is for your own good. I know you're angry, but this week will be good for you. It will not only get you to think really hard about your so called friend and how genuine they actually are but it'll also get you to expand your horizons by meeting new people. You never know, the person you get paired with might become a new ally, and here, you need as many allies you can get."