Sweet Dreams....Beautiful Nightmares

"No! Stop! Please!" Uma woke up with a start. She heard whimpering and screaming and she rushed out of her room. "I didn't mean to! I'm sorry!" She scanned her living room for the noise and saw that it was coming from a sleeping Harry. He was curled in a ball, his hook sitting on the coffee table. "DAD!" Uma debated how she would wake him up. She knew that all Isle kids automatic reaction to an unexpected touch is to punch.

She resorted to standing behind the couch he was sleeping on and shaking him, "Harry wake up!"

"No!" he screamed again, tears streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as she slapped him hard across his face and backed up when he shot up.

"What?! Ouch! Fudge!" He yelled as he cradled his face and looked at Uma, "What was that for?"

"You were screaming, and there are tears on your face. You were having a nightmare, woke me up and I couldn't find another way to wake you up," Uma walked around the couch and sat beside him.

Harry blushed as he furiously wiped the tears from his face. He avoided eye contact, embarrassed he showed yet another weakness in front of Uma.

"It's okay Harry, we all have nightmares every once in awhile and considering the day you had, I'm not surprised this happened," Uma reached for his shoulder and softly dragged her hand down his arm and squeezed his hand in comfort. As Harry stayed quiet, she thought he might like some water so she got up and got some.

When she came back, she handed him the water. As he drank she asked, "Do you want to talk about it?"

He rested his elbows on his knees, put his hands in his head and admitted, "My dad can be a horrible man when angered. Sadly I do that more than not."

"Listen, Harry, I know this won't mean much but you can always stay with me whenever your dad is having a fit. Even if you managed to anger me again, I will still let you stay with me," Uma said while she turned him to look at her. "I know we haven't known each other long, but you are now my friend, and I protect my friends."

Harry gave her a weak smile, that barely reached his eyes. His mind was still scrambled but later he would grin as he remembered the words she spoke to him.

"Come on Harry, I don't like seeing you like this." Uma put her hand on his down-turned head and ran her fingers through it. She didn't see that Harry's expression turned to one of bliss. Before he quickly replaced it with a regular smile as he lifted his head to look at her.

"Wanna wreak havoc? Because I know I won't be sleeping for at least a few hours." He asked with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Let's do it," Uma replied matching his mischievous grin with one of her own.

Awww look at my babies going on their first gang activity together. Just so you know their friendship is growing. The romance will happen slowly because remember, romance doesn't really happen on the Isle... Doesn't mean it won't happen ;)

Thanks for reading!!

-TheOnly