6. Taunting

Hello! Down to business.  Does anyone have an idea why YouTube videos don't want to upload onto wattpad here on the side? Lexi and Alex on the side! Enjoy!

Serena was at the moment staring at the fog on top of our desk.

“So...” I started, examining her closely. “You want to do it?” I asked her, referring to the dissecting of the frog. She looked at me as if I took away her new puppy and shook her head frantically.

“Ah uh, no way. You're the one okay with the insides of living organisms.” She said, whispering. I shook my head, examining the frog.

“Yeah...living, and I don't know about you, but this frog clearly isn’t breathing.”

“Unless it's pretending...” She said with wide eyes.

“AND besides, I only work with humans.” I whispered, poking the frog's eyeball.

“But you still have more experience than I, so...” She took the scalpel and forced it into my hand. “You do it, no protests.” I rolled my eyes and huffed in annoyance.

Fiiine." I took a deep breath and glared daggers into the frog. I'm not afraid of dissecting a lifeless, poor, disgusting, little piece of slime.

“Come on girls, time is ticking.” The teacher told me and Serena as she passed our desk. I gulped.

“Come on Rachel, you can do it. There must be nothing compared to... to what you've lived through.” She said slowly, choosing her words carefully. I nodded. And so I started to dissect the body before me. Serena wrote everything down with a grimace of disgust. I chuckled at her pale face when I pulled out the weird looking frog brain.

“I swear, it was staring at me.” I rolled my eyes.

“Sure Serena, the dead frog was staring at you.”

“I know right! Imagine, in surgery a frog wakes up and eye rapes the nurse.” I face palmed. It was times like these…  It all suddenly went black, but not in the way of fainting. Hands were placed over my eyes.

“Ah! Rachel save me! It’s the eye raping frog! I told you it was a mutant!” Serena yelled and I sweat dropped. I then focused on the person whose hands were on my eyes.

“Alex?” I asked, no response. “Lexi!” The eyes went off and I turned around to indeed see Lexi, one of our other friends. I looked to see Serena ninja attacking the hands over her eyes. It was Alex. Alex and Lexi are twins, but they didn’t entirely look alike. Lexi had a strange purplish brown colour hair in a ponytail and a dark blue eyes. She was wearing a plain black dress but the skirt part had a few lairs. Alex looked exactly the same, except for the colour. She had light brown hair and chocolate eyes and her dress was maroon. They both wore black flats. It was odd. Alex and Lexi usually never looked the same. Lexi was more of a jean and tomboyish kind of girl while Alex wasn’t. Now you probably expect me to say that Alex is a girly girl. Nah uh. Alex isn’t’ anywhere near a girly girl, she has more of… her own style, if you know what I mean. Every day is something else.

“Why do you two look the same today?” I asked in confusion and she rolled her eyes.     

“We just felt like it, ok? Now are we going to lunch or what?” I nodded and looked back to Serena who was still attacking Alex.

“Ah leave them. They’ll come eventually.” And so we were off to the cafeteria, leaving Alex and Serena behind. When we got the cafeteria we went and sat at a table immediately because she brought her own food  and I don’t usually eat at lunches.

“Where were you two yesterday?” I asked her as she began eating.

“We went to try out for clubs.” She said, before going back to her pizza. This peaked my interest. Well… not the pizza, but the club thing.

“Did you get into anything?” She nodded.

“Girls’ soccer team. Alex got into the photography club.” My eyes went slightly wide and I nodded. No wonder. Every time we went out Alex would take pictures of everything. “Are you and Serena going to join any clubs?” I shook my head.

“Well I’m not, not sure about Serena though.” She nodded and offered me some pizza.

“Nah, I’m not feeling up to it.” I told her truthfully. She raised her eyebrow.

“Pizza? Seriously? You’re declining pizza? Are you ok?” She asked, leaning over the table to feel my head. I shook her hand off.

“I’m fine. Just a little jumpy is all.” She looked sceptical and went back to eating her pizza. Suddenly the two idiots who we left earlier appeared.

“Yellow.” Alex said as she took her seat next to me and Serena was next to Lexi.

“Red?” I asked.

“Blue.” Serena said.

“Purple.” Lexi said in which we all chuckled.

“Anyway… They dropped quite the bomb on us. The next three weeks are going to be hell.” Alex said and took a slice of her own pizza. I nodded.

“Yeah, I mean, we only have a week to get a boyfriend for Rachel.” Serena said in a matter-of-factoid voice and I slightly blushed.

“Yeah! We still need to do that as well! You’re putting so much stress on us, Rachel!” Lexi said, sarcastically. I shook my head frantically.

“Well then I’ll take that stress off your back, I don’t need a boyfriend.” They all groaned in annoyance.

“Why not? Why don’t you want a boyfriend?” Alex asked, pointing her pizza at me.

“Well, ‘cause boys tend to steal your heart.” I said with a nod. Serena stared at me with curiosity and worry but I ignored  her.

“But doesn’t that mean that you’ve fallen in love?” Alex asked, tilting her head. I raised my shoulders. I don’t know all these love terms or whatever you call it.

“Don’t you mean break your heart, not steal it?” Lexi asked and I shrugged.  

“I don’t know, you tell me.” I said, leaning back into the chair. They left it at that. There was no comeback, luckily. We later did switch over to other subjects, like the festival and camping trip. When the bell rung we separated and went to our next subject. Serena and I had P.E.. How lovely.

“So you going home this afternoon?” I asked Serena as we sat together in our last period which was Geography. We did some work but we were finished by the last ten minutes.

“I need to.” She answered and I nodded.

“Yeah. But you know that you can come stay at my bloody mansion any day.” I said with a creepy voice, but it was obviously sarcastic.

“I’ll keep it in mind.” She said with a chuckle. When the bell finally rung, we parted and I went straight home. I had “The Haunted School” to finish before re-reading it ten thousand times. I started to hum a random song that came to mind. I had a smile on my face as I walked home. I was excited, but I had no idea for what. The Valentines ball? Ah uh, no way in hell. The Camping trip? Yeah…but not only that. The Festival? Uh, no. It was on my mind all the way, until I finally got it. The reason I’m so excited is because of my bad feelings. More specifically, what I have bad feelings about. Mister Simons, the camping trip, my heart stealers, my stalkers, my dry mouth, my empty stomach…  I was suddenly in a full out sprint home. As I ran, I slowed down as something white blurred past me. I stopped and turned around. There was nothing there. I turned forward. Something black passed my vision, before my entire vision went black with white dots. The white dots were taunting me with its dance as it forced my body to turn heavy and fall onto the pavement. I could hear chuckles from the white dots. I tried blinking them away, but after the first blink my lids got heavy and decided against my will to just...close.