"Very well." He turned to the others, "Please, go back to enjoying the ball." He said before leaving with the guards. Allura left quickly before she had to talk with them any longer; Zarkon stayed however, so Keith didn't dare to move.

"Well?" Zarkon asked, "King Alfor said to enjoy the ball." Keith looked up at his father, who waved him off. Keith perked slightly and bowed his head. However, he couldn't enjoy the party for one tick. All he could think about was Lance. He made sure no one was watching, then slipped away to search for him.

He went to the Altean's room, thinking Lance went back there. But, he didn't. "Can I help you?" Keith nearly dropped to the floor in shock. He turned and saw a gorgeous man with a very bushy mustache. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." Keith shook his head.

"No no, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be here anyways. I-I thought maybe Lance came back to his room. I'm just worried about him."

"Oh. Well, we can look around for him if you like?" Keith nodded.

"Very much, thank you." They headed down the hall.

"I'm Coran Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythe by the way."

"Keith." He said, not exactly paying attention to the conversation. He was too busy looking into the castle rooms.

"Keith? Prince Keith? Of the Galra Empire?" Keith absently nodded. "Forgive me your majesty, I didn't know."

"No, it's fine. What's more important right now is finding Lance." Coran eyed him a little.

"Very true." They checked the rooms, checked with servants, anyone who was there. None of them saw Lance. Keith tugged at his hair nervously. "No worries, Prince Keith, I'm sure Lance'll turn up." Coran tried to remain calm, but it was slowly falling apart as his eyes grew wide with concern, "He...he's always..running off, s-somewhere."

"Are you sure he ran off this time?" Keith started to pull at his own fingers nervously, "I-I mean.....what if, wh-what if something happened to him?"

"We will find him." Coran turned away from Keith, "We must find him." He said in a hushed tone. They reached the end of the hallway, and Coran turned around. "Well, we should head back." Keith frowned.

"But, what's behind this door?" Keith laid his hand on the large obstacle. Coran shook his head.

"That's only the control room, but Allura and Lance know they're not ever allowed in there."

"Then he's probably in there!" Coran hummed, thinking it over.

"It's..a possibility. But he'd get in very much trouble if he was in there." Coran opened the door and they walked in. Keith's eyes quickly scanned the room. "Prince?" Coran called out, his voice echoed through the room, "Prince Lance?" Keith bit his lip.

"Lance?!" There was no answer. Coran sighed.

"Well, he's not here."

"Wait," Keith lowered his voice, "if he thinks no one is here, then maybe he'll come out." Coran stroked his mustache.

"Ah! Trickery! Just might work." Coran cleared his throat, talking much louder then believable, "WELL PRINCE KEITH, WE SHOULD LEAVE BEFORE KING ALFOR NOTICES WE ARE MISSING AS WELL." He opened the door and made sure to stomp his feet as he went out, "WATCH YOUR STEP!" Coran winked at Keith and closed the door. Keith rolled his eyes; Coran was most certainly not the best actor. He shook his head and turned to the room, waiting. He listened carefully, ears twitching ever so slightly.

"I know you're there, Keith." Keith jumped, Lance's voice echoed through the room, as Coran's did. Keith sighed in defeat, crossing his arms.

"How'd you know?"