Dude, you stink! 5

<Author's Comments> Sorry that this'n is so short, but the next chapter is coming up soon! Enjoy! -^^-

CHPTR 5

[Kira]

I almost fainted. Alex was the only one?! There was no way. I looked back and forth from Lloyd's face to the computer screen. The only thing I could read on it was AB-. All the rest was code. There were a bunch of slashes and dashes and underscores and numbers and an AB- symbol. I almost expected it to be green letters on a black background. It wasn't. But there was about to be a lot of green on my face in a second.

I ran to the bathroom, ready to puke my guts up. That day hadn't been the worst in the world, and I was about to barf all over it? I held it back and tried not to gag. Lloyd soon came in after me and rubbed my back with a flat palm, saying something like 'its okay,' or something. I was too busy trying not to barf to listen. I finally calmed down and sat up, leaning away from the toilet. For some reason, whenever I'm barfy-sick, the smell of clean toilet water really helps to calm my nerves. I took a deep breath, and turned to Lloyd. He was really worried. I gave him a reassuring smile and got up. Water would have been good right then, but nooo, I had to drink blood. I wiped my not-dirty mouth and walked out of the bathroom, headed for the kitchen. Lloyd was right behind me. If I couldn't drink water, I would at least wash out my mouth with it.

"You know you can drink water, too, right?" Lloyd quizzed.

I faltered in my step for a moment, but continued walking, "Well, you could have told me that when I was really thirsty," I mentioned. He had said that I had needed blood, not water. I guess I made the assumption that vamps only drank blood. I had already said goodbye to Slurpees.

I went into the kitchen, and he pulled out a little blue cup, "The tap water is sanitary; I have a filter," and sure enough, attached to the nozzle, was a ClearTap filter. I filled the cup and drank greedily. It wasn't as soothing and such as the blood baggies, but it was better than barf. I must have re-filled that cup a million times, because Lloyd said, "I'll be in my room, come when you're finally done," and he left.

I stayed there, filling my belly with water, when Lloyd suddenly shouted, "Kira! Come here now!" I felt like I was in trouble for something. I stalked into his room, waiting for whatever punishment was coming.

It was anything but a punishment.

As soon as I appeared in the doorway, he beckoned me in quickly with his hand. I came over to his moose-top, and there was a printer attached by a few cords. It was the size of a normal size laptop, only a bit taller. I could only tell it was a printer because there were papers filing out of it. It was the same code stuff on the computer screen. Lloyd waited impatiently for a paper to print out, grabbed it, and started highlighting. It was a pink highlighter, but I wasn't about to laugh. He highlighted a series of number and symbols like LF_17_AHG_8-26-99_M_CL. he underlined the LF_17 with a red pen, AHG with blue, 8-26-93 with black, M with green, and CL with his last resort; a pink glitter-glue tube. I had no idea why he had ANY coloured glitter glue, but there were more important things at hand. He pointed to the red-underline part and said, "Life equals seventeen. That means he's seventeen," he pointed at the blue, "Alexander Henry Gregory, his name," my heart flopped as he pointed to black; "October twenty six, nineteen ninety-three. His birthday," he pointed to the green, "Male," and finally, he landed on the pink sparkles, "CL. that means currently living."

I could barely breathe. Alex was alive! I couldn't believe it! Was Luciferilla lying? She said he couldn't defend himself and all, AND gave me his bracelet. My questions soon came to an end.

"I never said he was dead," she sneered, "I just hinted it, and you fell for the bait. Whether you know he's alive or not, I still win. You think he's dead, you have less power. You figure out he's alive, and it'll hurt more when I kill him in front of your eyes." I hadn't even bothered to look at her through that whole speech, but Lloyd did. He had whirled around to watch her every move, ready for battle. I heard heels clicking down the hallway, and didn't need Lloyd to hold me back from chasing her. I knew it was futile.