Dude, you stink! 2

<Author's Comments> if you have any questions about the whole being a vamp thing, feel free to comment! Enjoy! -^^-

CHPTR 2

[Kira]

I turned slowly to meet the intruder. Or maybe I was the intruder, considering I was just snooping in a desk I didn't own. Either way, I turned to see a woman about eighteen, standing there with her arms crossed over her obviously fake boobies. She had brown hair with unnatural blonde streaks and dark blue eyes. She stood leaning against the doorway in a way-too-low cut v-neck and ripped skinny jeans. She had bony features and humongo eyes. They were like blimps. She had on a sideways grin as if she enjoyed watching a dog dig for food, or some other lame analogy.

"You DO know that this isn't your house, right, little newbie?" she chuckled menacingly, showing sharp canines.

I stood up straight, trying to look as tall as her long legs. It didn't work. I said, "Well, it isn't yours either." Great comeback, right? I was never good with good comebacks. I put one hand on the desk to lean on and the other on my hip. I'm sure I only looked half as bitchy as this chick in the doorway.

"You know Lloyd wouldn't have liked you peering into his business, right?" she said it as if he were long gone or something, which really ticked me off, "He was so busy with his paperwork. It's a shame he wasn't listening to the footsteps behind him, Kira." She sneered my name, making me want to throw a syringe at her face.

I lost interest in the part about my name and focused on her words before it. My eyes widened and I tried (unsuccessfully) to push by her, "What did you do to him?!" I demanded. I pushed harder and she let go, making me fling into the wall across from the door. I still had the cover on, wrapped under my arms like a towel. I straightened up, tightened the cover and went for the door back to the storage unit thing. I started at a fast walk and went to a full on run to the door. I flung it open to see . . .

Lloyd slumped over his desk. I ran to him yelling, "Lloyd! Oh no! Lloyd!" I covered the distance between us and shook his shoulder roughly.

He lifted his head groggily and grunted a "whut?" he looked at my worried face and said, "Forget which valve is hot water?" I stood there for a second felling like an idiot, then let go and walked away from him, laughing nervously.

"Ha! And I thought you were dead! But nooo, you were just SLEEPING!" I ran my hand through my grimy hair, "I guess I'm just going nuts! Ha!" I aimed my sights for the door to the house part of the building, "I thought I was being haunted by a vamp slut, but it was just my imagination-"

"Was she tall and bony? Huge eyes?" Lloyd said, sounding scared.

I was instantly out of koo-koo land, "Yeah. Brown hair, blonde streaks, fake boobs?" I said, turning back towards him.

"Yep, that's Luciferilla, one of the crazed vampires I talked about before. Where did you see her?" he asked impatiently. I didn't blame him.

"In the doorway to the fifth door in the hallway," I didn't know if he would understand my bad sentence structure, but I was nervous. He flitted around in his desk drawers for a second and pulled out a dagger of some kind of weird tan metal with a thick rubber handle. I guess vamps weren't supposed to touch it.

"What's that made of?" I asked. My curiosity was really getting the better of me that day.

"A rare earth ore that burns to the touch. Only in vamps, of course. Did you know mercury doesn't poison us since we don't have a blood flow?" he quizzed me. It was a cool fact, but not the time. He held the dagger steady and ran for the door, with me on his heels. Like a military sergeant, he stood by each doorway with dagger at the ready, then peeked ahead and moved on to the fifth door. I was right behind him. I tried acting as cool as him, but I ended up singing a theme song and he shushed me. I automatically shushed him for shushing. We finally made it to the door and it was closed. He kicked it open, ready to throw the knife, and the room was empty. There was still a bed and everything, but no trace of crazy slut.