Chapter 11: Prove Yourself

Start from the beginning

    "My pet, explain yourself." I nodded with a smile.

    "I have been sitting locked away since the bloody war began. That side his from me my powers for fifteen years. They never allowed me to reach my true potential. They hid it from me so I wouldn't grow to be stronger than my Grandfather. They feared me! They lied to me! All of my life. The lies continued. Even when I knew. No one ever told one truth. No one would help me learn to manage my powers. All they did was hold my back from my true potential! They fed me lies about our Lord. They say his is a merciless murderer. They say he's a monster for his hatred of muggle and mudbloods. I loved with muggles! My entire life. They're the densest fucking creatures I've ever seen. Mudbloods are just as bad. They're raised around it. They're exactly the same. You can't clean filth from blood. They come here and think they have some say so because they have in inkling of magic in their fucking pinky finger!" I stood and slammed my hand on the table. "I'm sick of wasting away while the war is happening and being forced to fight for the wrong side. I want to learn. I want to grow! I want to be great! They can't give me that." I turned to Tom and leaned against the table. "But you, My Lord, can. I'm sorry it's taken me so long. I just hope that you all," I turned to the death eaters and bowed my head. "Can understand that I had no choice. I was told that the second I joined our Lord would kill me so I wouldn't be a threat. But those are lies. They just never wanted me to have a fucking chance." The room was deathly silent. I could feel Severus's eyes burning a hole in me. I could feel his anger radiate from his seat. A few people exchanged looks and then everyone's eyes fell to Tom.

    "Bellatrix, does that answer your question?" Tom smiled and dared her with his eyes.

    "I don't believe it." She scoffed. Tom growled and began to stand.

     "No wait," he stopped and his piercing gaze landed on me. "Her reaction is reasonable. I am willing to do whatever it takes to prove to all of you that I am loyal. Please. Anything." Tom smiled and sat back.

    "I think that is a marvelous idea." He chimed. "And I have the perfect task. Bellatrix. Bring me her brother. Now. Greyback go with her."

    "Yes, My lord." They both said and apparated. What have I done?

    "We'll meet back here in half an hour." With that Tom stood and walked a ways before apparating. I decided to quickly leave before anyone wanted to talk. I got to the steps fast enough and started to cline them when I felt someone snatch my arm back. I stumbled a bit and fell against the chest of a young man. He had short, dark brown hair. His eyes were gray and his skin tone was pale. He was built, but mildly so and taller than me. I yanked my arm back and moved up a step away from him.

    "No one ever taught you manors, I see." He smirked a bit then smiled sweetly.

    "Well, quite the contrary. My mother way a stickler for manors, but as you may can tell I wasn't always the most obedient thing." He said with a wink. He had a nice smile. I couldn't deny. Very light pinks lips cover a set of abnormally white teeth. He had long eye dark lashes and dark eye brows. He was very clean cut and well dressed. If I saw him in the street I'd never know he was a death eater. That's terrifying. They're just everyday people. This guy looked to be maybe a year or two older than me.

    "Maybe you should have taken after your mother a bit more." I started back up the steps when he pulled me back down by my arm. "You see, I'm really getting tired of that." I turned to him and shot him a dark gaze.

    "Woah, calm down there young lady. You're going to have a stroke or something. My name is Deverose Black. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand and I hesitantly took it. He snatched my arm up and delicately kissed my hand, then placed my arm back at my side. I gave him a side ways look and wiped my hand.