Chapter 2.5

CECIL

I don't know if Carlos listens to me sometimes, because whenever I ask him for going out for dinner, he always ignores me. I dunno what to do, because I really really like him. Whenever I come home from school, all I can think is Carlos.

Carlos, with his perfect hair and eyes, oaky tones and glasses, and don't even get me started on his sense of style. His plaid shirts are my favorite because, well, plaid. He also wears jeans a lot, pairs worn at the knees, and ugh! Why do I have to like boys!

I can't ask him out, because he's dating a girl named Irene. He always decides to call her when we're sitting on his parent's bed, since his parents never returned from grocery shopping.

I always say hello to her, but my mom says since I was born and raised in Night Vale, my voice doesn't travel well out of the city borders. I guess it causes physical pain. Which is cool, I guess.

I opened my schoolbook, sighing when it had no words again. How am I going to get my homework done now? Oh well, I'm going to text my favorite neighbor, and no, it isn't Steve Carlsberg. The other one.

Hey Carlos, whatcha doing? -Cecil

He replied seconds later.

Well, I'm trying to figure out how books stop working. This town doesn't make much sense! -Carlos

Hey, our town is perfectly normal! You're just unused to it. -Cecil

Well, I guess. By the way, where's the clock tower? I can't find it. -Carlos

It's invisible and it teleports, duh. You can't find it. -Cecil