Chapter 1

CECIL

I ran home and threw open the front door, then slammed the door so anybody tailing me couldn't enter the house. Walking into the living room, I smiled when I saw my mother sitting motionless on the couch.

"Hello mother, I'm home!" I said, making her jump. "Oh, Cecil, you shouldn't have done that. It is not very nice." She replied, making me giggle. She can be so funny sometimes.

"Well, I have to go to Mission Grove Park, today is my day to point and yell at the void. See you later!" I yelled, tossing my backpack onto the couch and running out of the house.

Which is a bad idea to do without looking, because I ran straight into the Apache Tracker.

He was a short little kid that always wore a cartoonishly inaccurate Indian headdress and claimed to have Indian magics.

"Oh, hey Cecil. Do you want to go to The town hall? I want to practice my Indian magics against the Council."

"No, I'm preoccupied." What a racist jerk.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you later? Uh, bye!" He yelled over his shoulder as he ran the same direction I was planning to go. Well dang, I guess I have to find somewhere else to go.

I shuffled out to the old abandoned apartment building next door, kicking a rock through one of the lower windows.

"Ow!" someone said from the window. I didn't know anyone lived there, so I went up to the front door, kicked it open, and looked inside.

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" When nobody answered, I yelled out, "Is someone pulling a prank on me? Is that you, Steve Carlsberg? I bet it is, I'm going to geT YOU STEEEEEVE!!!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" a beautiful oaky tone called out, one that was definitely NOT Steve Carlsberg.

A small Latino boy stepped out of a dark doorframe, and light reflected off a pair of glasses, and his face was framed by... well, perfect curls of dark hair.

"Um, aren't you a little too young for tattoos?" he asked me, and I caught sight of his perfect teeth. I smiled dazedly then answered. "No. I got them when i was a baby, because my mother said it would be the perfect defiance against my father."

"Oh. I'm Carlos by the way. What's your name?" He stated while holding out a very smooth hand.

"I'm Cecil, Cecil Palmer. I'm going to make a guess and say you're new?"

Carlos was perfectly stunned. "Yeah, yeah. But Palmer? Wow, did you know your dad has been looking for you and your mom for years now?"

"Really? My mother says he died so we moved out here. Oh well, perfect Carlos, I really have to go. See you tomorrow!" I said, running out of the building.

I want Carlos to be my boyfriend.