Chapter 1.

Autumn High is one of the prestigious private schools in Manhattan. And I am happy and proud to be a part of it for six years. For six years, I have been improved from a shy and silent kid to a popular, confident head cheerleader and Mathletes captain. For six years, this school has given everything. Great professors. Awesome gang of friends. Mind-blowing best friend, though she is my childhood friend. And, a Hot boyfriend.

Hi, I'm Tamara Lockwood and this is my story.

---

"T, Claire is missing again! We're are missing out our cheerleading practice. Do something! You're the head here!" I smile, as my best friend freaks out. Again. Her golden locks move here and there, as she looks around, hoping to see a brunette somewhere.

"TTTTTTT!!!!" She looks at me, frowning and her hands on her hips. I roll my eyes, getting up from the bleachers, as the girls look at me.

"Alyssa, you know Claire, and how she is! She will come around!" I wink, as the girls giggle and Alyssa frowns more. I gesture the girls to carry on, as I move to my best friend.

"Aly!" I whisper, as she looks at me.

"T..That wasn't funny! Okay! You're the head cheerleader, and you aren't worrying about Claire, while I am... She has a major flip to practice and she isn't even here..."

"She must be fucking someone, you know her nature, right?" She nods. Finally, agreeing on something. "We'll wait for her a few minutes more and if she doesn't come then I will replace her and we start practicing, okay?" I offer, as she looks at me suspiciously and then smiles. She nods.

"Fine!" She sighs, rolling her eyes and tying her golden locks in a bun.

Alyssa Perry, my parents' best friends' daughter and my best friend. She is just a few days older to me but acts like we have ten years gap between us. But, I love her and vice versa. She had brown hair but the moment she became a sophomore, she changed her hair color to blonde. And I must say, blonde suits her. She is vibrant and fun to be with. She is responsible too, even me but my parents, I think, trust her more. Though, she has fun more than me. But, then, her parents trust me more than her. You know, how parents are these days- never trusting and loving their own children. Hehe, kidding.

My parents love me a lot. I am their princess, correction, their only princess and only child. I am pampered a lot by them. Since my mom is most of the time out for shoots and everything, I stay with dad in our house. Dad's an investment banker and owns a company Hope Ltd, with Uncle Chase, my favorite uncle. They all love me and treat me like a princess. But, I am not spoilt brat at all. Not all pampered princess are spoilt- don't stereotype!

I walk back to my seat, grabbing my phone and looking at the screen. I smile when I notice his reply. Caleb Williams, the golden boy of Autumn High and my loving, hot boyfriend. I made the pattern, unlocking my phone and clicking to his reply.

Got football practice in the evening, can't come to your family dinner. Sorry, my cutie patootie! -Caleb<3

My smile fades but then it comes back as I type and pressed send.

It's okay, Lebby. I love you! -T<3

I smile at the name given by me. I know it's girly but I really like it. And family dinner?! Well, whenever mom comes back home, dad and I always hold dinners, inviting our closet friends. This time I thought of inviting Caleb, but guess, he won't be able to make it. I look at nothing, thinking when my phone vibrated in my hand.

I love you too, cupcake! -Caleb<3

I smile at his message, when I hear Alyssa freaking out again. And I also hear a familiar voice, I turn around to see the commotion, of Claire Boston.

"You are an hour late, what were you even doing?" Alyssa freaks out, her tying becomes useless as her golden locks falls down to her back.

Claire stands there, unaffected, in the most sluttiest outfit I have ever seen, examining her nails. "You are so horrendous and stupid, you made us wait for an hour! What were you doing? WE all wasted our an hour for you... you had a flip to practice and you are coming now!" Alyssa yells, as one of the girls, Hailey, holds her from fainting. Alyssa has a problem: if she freaks out more, she literally faints.

I come forward to her rescue and stands right in front of Claire, the ultimate slut of Autumn High. "Claire, she asked you a question!" I say, my voice kind of sounding intimidating. Claire looks at my tiny height and scoffs. I get it, you are proud of your 5'10" height over my 5'6" height, but it doesn't matter. I am the head cheerleader and you are not.

"Where were you, Claire Boston?" I ask, sweetly, though I wanted to sound rude. But that's the problem with me: I can never be rude and mean to anyone. What I meant was that, I can never be Claire Boston. "If you don't tell me, you know I can swap your position with someone more deserving!" I side look at the girls, I am sure, all ten pairs of eyes, except Alyssa, brightens.

I look back at Claire, who showed a bit of insecurity but as her eyes meets mine, she smirks and folds her arms. "I think you really don't want to know with whom I was with!"

"Who?" I ask. Her smirk grew wider. And I realize whom she I talking about.

"If you still want to know, I was with----"Claire smirks.

"Nah!" I shut her mouth and chuckles at the girls. Claire makes an 'eww' face and moves my hand from her 'precious' mouth. I notice Alyssa staring at me, with one question in her eyes. I nod as she composes herself and walks to me.

"Let's start practice now!" I order, as the girls lined up to their positions, doing their thing. Alyssa leans in and whispers, "It's Talon, right?"

I look at her, deadpanned. She nods at it, mumbling, "Shit!"

"C'mon, let's practice.. !" I say, cheerfully as Alyssa smiles and we run to the girls, already practicing, and start our routine.

---

Talon Esther Patterson, my parents' other best friends' only son and my ex-best friend. Now he is only a pain in my ass. He belongs to Winterbottom High, another prestigious private school in Manhattan. Thank god, he is in different school, or else either he would have been dead or I would have been. Our schools are rivals and so are we. All we do is compete and compete and argue and fight. We used to get along but then it was a mistake. I feel nothing but hatred when I think of him or when I am with him. He is stupid, manipulative, annoying, pain in the ass, manwhore and world's idiotic dick!

­­---

First chapter of the Rivals and I personally think Chloe would rock as Tamara, but if you have someone else in mind, go on and imagine her as Tamara... How do you like the first chapter? I know I am late at updating it, but I want this story to be a hit as well, like it's prequel.. I love you all, and don't forgot to click the 'star' button and you guys can comment too.. I would be glad if you all do, sharing your thoughts and I would try to reply to all.. love you, bye!

But before I go, I present you CHLOE GRACE MORETZ.......