8. WOAH.

POV:  BEAU

*SOME PARTS MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AUDIENCES

"Stella, you didn't have to." I laugh, climbing down from my tractor and using my shirt to wipe some sweat off my face while she unpacks my lunch. It's been a week since the 4th, and every day has been wonderful.

"You say that every day, but you never take your own lunch, so I obviously have to keep bringing it to you." She giggles, and walks straight into my arms, planting her lips on mine.

"You spoiled my evil plan." I grin, wrapping my arms around her waist and spinning her around.

"Just shut up and kiss me some more." Stella growls playfully at me before grabbing my cheeks and planting another one on me.

I spin her around again before putting back down so I can eat the two turkey and cheese sandwiches she brought. We sit on the blanket and I let her tell me how apartment shopping with Gemma went this last week. They took a couple of days and her parents and went to Savannah to look for the place where they're going to live for the next four years. Apparently they found a nice two-bedroom apartment that was relatively affordable, and are moving in at the beginning of August. This leads to Stella getting on the topic of her artwork, and I could listen and watch her talk about it all day long. She's so passionate about the clay she works with, and I'd love to see her work sometime, but unfortunately the equipment she needs is too expensive for her dad to afford.

"You'll have to see this place, Beau, it's the perfect place." She sighs, leaning into my chest as she twists her fingers around mine, studying them.

"I'm sure it is." I smile, pressing my lips into her hair. "And I can't wait to see it."

"We move in in less than three weeks, Beau. That's all we have left of summer." She turns her head to press her temple into the tattooed part of my chest that she has an obsession with, and I circle my arms around her, holding her close.

"Then we'll make the best of the time we have together, right?" I ask, forcing her to look at me.

"We absolutely will." She promises before puckering her lips, asking for a kiss. I chuckle at her as I lean down and kiss her for a few seconds before standing up, hauling her with me.

"As much as I'd love to sit here in the grass with you, I think you probably need to start packing, and I need to finish mowing this pasture. I'll see you at the house tonight." I tell her, pulling her waist to my hips and kissing her passionately once more time before she heads back to the Jeep that she brought to meet me today.

After watching her leave, I finally climb back up in the tractor, thankful that it's only in the low 90s this week thanks to the storms at the beginning of the week and not over 100 like last. I should be done with this pasture in a few more hours, so I put my headphones on and turn up my music while I continue driving the straight paths. About the time I'm stopping for a water/pee break, I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket so I pull it out, not expecting Stella's name to be dancing across my screen.

"Hey pretty lady." I answer with a smile, surprised she's calling, but glad she is. I know as soon as she starts talking though that something is wrong.

"Lucy's having contractions but she's almost a month early and she's struggling and she's never had problems like this and I don't know where Dad is and I don't know what to do for her, Beau. She's down in her stall sweating like crazy and she's really struggling. I need your help." She rambles, and I can hear the tears and fear in her voice.