"Yeah, what's your game?"

I looked at her.  Her face was leaning in to mine with raised brows. Her eyes squinted, yet filled with confusion.

"Nothing is going on." I reassuring her.

She scoffed,  looking around.  "Why is it hay when ever I leave, your always somewhere around me. Like yesterday I was coming from a friend place all the way upstate and you were walking up the stairs."

"My father lives upstate. "

She laughed. "Really so I'm supposed to believe that when I saw you at the guy with Kian's friends."

I nodded.

This seemed so weird. I didnt even realized that Damien's planed worked so well. 

Still it was too late. I had given up on trying to figure out what she knew because events evade it clear day day she wants going to say anything or she was scared so she just said yes.

"Look whatever you think I'm doing, it's over. I'm done. And I'm actually trying to get to my car thank you very much."

I pushed pass her hearing back around the corner entering my car. Looking back she washed me intensely,  as I open the door.

Add if she didn't trust me.

I wish blame her. At first I didn't trust her, but I was turning into the worst side of my father.

I feel like all of this could have been avoided if I knew how to handle my anger.

I drove down to the hospital to pick Damien up. He had a dentist appointment that he was going to be late for thanks to my attempt at avoiding her.

When I drove up to a stop, he climbed in, and bucked himself in.

I started the 18 minute drive them with some music. Whatever was in the radio, but that wasn't helping. 

Damien reached over turning off the music, and stared at me with a big grin.

I looked at between him and the open street. "What? "

"Don't what me? You know what I'm thinking about."

I rolled my eyes. "Actually I don't. "

Since we were little, Damien swears I had a psychic gift of reading minds just because I showed him some card tricks.

"It worked didn't it. "

I sighed, shaking my head. "I didn't even try, and it...did. How is that possible?"

"I dropped little hits around your apartment so you could get the gist. You know if I told you how to do it, you wouldn't be able to pull it off undetected. "

"What? Explain please." I asked blinking my eyes at the road ahead.

"I asked one of your cousin to watched her and figure out her routine.  Which I can assure you is very hard mainly because-"

"Stop!" I yelled cutting him off. "I don't want to play this game anymore. It was stupid! She doesn't know anything. She's just a victim of our stupid plans."

Damien gasped, and I knew exactly what part offended him the most or at all. "Stupid plan." He repeated. "And to think if it wasn't for me, the stupid plan wouldn't work."

"Yeah, and your right. You have a clearer imagination and a lot of experience,  but I can take care of myself. It's done."

"What...but we haven't cleared her out yet-"

"She's clean. Okay! I get its to make sure people in our line stay together,  but not everyone is out to get us. "

"That's what the Macintosh clan though, and guess where all of them are." He waited for me to answer,  but I just shook my head. "Underwater!" He screamed into my ear.

"Thanks for that very verbal information.  But we're good."

"No we're not."

I drove and stop in front of the building.

"Bye" I smiled at him.

He gets out the car slamming the door shut."If you don't want to take charge then I guess I'll will!" He yelled after me as I speed away.

I had an earful of ifs and buts. The only think I can't accept is why he couldn't forget about it.

And then I remembered.

His father. 
--------------------

Comment what you think so far.

Like & share

P.s. I feel like the last chapter was kinda rush. Sorry I couldn't update yesterday, I had school today.