Elijah's Only Chance

Elijah's POV

I woke to something soft and fluffy in my lap as the sun shone in my eyes. I open them looking at my lap to see my beautiful little mate curled up there sleeping. I then remember last night how she giving a chance to prove I see her as my equal and that I care about her happiness. She also sat in my lap during a movie and allowed me to pat her. I am really impressed by her and am proud to call her my mate. I just hope she will be proud of me and accept as her mate.

I look over to see my beta and gamma still sleeping with their mates in their arms. That's what I want with Diana, but she is just so stubborn and head strong. Hopefully after today we can start to act like friends at least. I decide to make her breakfast and pick her up gently placing her down where I had been sitting.

When I get to the kitchen I see Dad and mum already there with Lex. "What's Diana's favourite breakfast food?" I ask him.

"Crispy bacon and scrambled eggs" he tells me. So I get the ingredients out and start to prepare her breakfast. Soon my beta and gamma appear with their mates as I finish cooking Diana's breakfast. I put it on a plate and go into the living room kneeling beside her. I shake her awake gently.

"Diana it's morning, I made you breakfast" I tell her as she yawns stretching. She gives me a smile before she starts to eat the food. I go get her a bowl of cool water and brought it back placing it on the ground. She finished her breakfast and jumped onto the floor for a drink of water. When she finished what was in the bowl I took both it and the plate to the kitchen with her following me. I clean both dishes and leave them to dry.

Diana's POV

"So what's on the agenda today?" Elijah asks me as he turns to face me after doing the dishes. I had said hello to dad and the girls while he had done so. Telling Ginny to clear my schedule asking her to do the paper work. She said goodbye with her mate and took Ariel with her to help her.

'I'll show my favourite place in the territory' I tell him. Elijah nods his head and follows me outside before shifting into his gorgeous white wolf. We then take off into the woods and I decided to play a game of tag. So I nip his heel before putting on a burst of speed as I hear him chuckle in my head. We play for nearly an hour before we reach a waterfall.

'Where are we?' Elijah asks looking at our surroundings.

'The one place in the territory my dad treasures above all else, follow me' I tell him.

'Isn't this where we fought that bear?' he asks.

'Yes, but it holds a secret only dad and I know of' I state. We go behind the waterfall and down a tunnel. We soon reach a beautiful lake surrounded by trees and tall cliffs.

'This place is beautiful' Elijah says taking in the view from our spot on top of the cliff.

'This is where my dad meet my mum and they mated the first time in wolf form. It is where I was suppose to be born' I tell him. 'There is only one way in and out, so it would of been easily defended. It it a sanctuary for all life in our territory' I explain.

'Thank you for showing me this' he says placing a paw on mine. We both lay down and just talk about our interests. Turns out we have more in common then I first thought. His mother is right, I should of given him a chance before now. Maybe I will think of stepping down as alpha and giving Loki the title.

'I think it's time for lunch' I tell him. 'Let's go hunt a deer and take back to the pack' I suggest.

'Do you want to lead the hunt?' he asks and I look at him shocked. 'You know this territory better then I, but we take it down together. Not a buck' he states.

'Just this once no buck' I tell him before leading him to the closet herd. We have two herds in the territory this one is the smaller of the two. When reach the herd I spot an injured doe and point it out. Elijah agrees that it's the one and we split up. I'd drive the doe to him scaring the others away and he'll kill it.

It worked perfectly now he is carrying the deer on his back as we head back home. Once there the cooks take the deer and Julie comes to give me a bath. 'I will see you at lunch' I tell Elijah smiling before letting Julie pick me up as I was a little tired.

Elijah's POV

I smile happily at what had happen on the run with my mate. Hopefully I have proven my love to her and that I do see her as an equal no matter her size. But I guess I'll find out tonight when she shifts into human form for the first time. When she enters the dining room and takes her seat everyone starts to ate.

A/N

Picture above of the full moon and picture on the external link of the lake view.