Morning After

Bren POV ⛅️

I'm awaken by a loud thud noise

I'm awaken by a loud thud noise. I looked at the time on my phone and it's 6:30 a.m. My mom is usually out, on her way to work around this time, so I should be the only one in the house right now.

I turned on my room light and heard another noise coming from downstairs.

I quickly eye searched my room, looking for something to get before I go downstairs.

I grabbed my bat that I've had since I was younger. I used to play baseball when I was a kid.

I opened my room door and walked out in the hallway, where I heard some slow footsteps, as if someone is creeping in my house.

I quietly made my way downstairs and heard the footsteps coming from the kitchen. I started hearing some mumbling and after listening closely, I sighed and slightly rolled my eyes as I walked inside the kitchen.

"Mom, what are you still doing here?" I asked her, scaring her a little bit.

"Boy you better make some noise when you enter a room while I'm in it. Scared me almost half to death." She said.

I chuckled. "Sorry about that. But you almost scared me too! I ain't know who was down here walking around, making noise and what not."

"Put that bat down, you're not gonna use it." She teased me.

"You must not know. I'm glad its you down here because if it was anybody else they would've been beat senseless." I said with a chuckle, while also being serious.

"Mhmm anyway, I'm super late for work, I gotta go. I'll see you later ok?" She said as she grabbed her keys and headed to the front door.

"Alright, have a good day Mom!"

"You too, love you!"

"Love you too!" I replied before she exited the house.

I sighed and made my way upstairs to start getting ready for school.

About an hour later, I was finally done getting ready. I grabbed my bookbag, my phone and charger along with my earphones, and proceeded to go downstairs, leave the house and head to school.

Lugo POV