Chapter 13

(Side note: my friend made this adorable and sad Saloonatics AU and I thought of something.

They made the neighbor version of Tord in the story, who's actual name is Todd, so I imagined Todd getting all pissed off at Tord for using his name to hide.)

"You look happy." Tord chuckled as the sheriff walked up to him. Thompson nodded and sat down.
   "Yeah, well, a few things have happened since I talked to you last." Tord nodded, knowing the two hadn't met up like this for a day or two.
   "Well, mind explainin'?"
   "For one, the guy that I said I liked, Todd, me and him decided to start well... dating I guess." He chuckled. Tord nodded, already knowing it. He guessed what was going to come out of Thompson's mouth next, since he knew what was going on. "But, I've been a bit stressed."
   "Why?" The bandit asked, faking his voice to sound confused.
    "Well... this new guy came to town. If I can remember correctly, his names Edward. He's apprently a detective from England, looking for his prince charmin'. Literally." Thompsoned explained. Tord guessed right, he remember the short detective coming into his bar, looking for the sheriff.

"Got it. He's lookin' for the lost prince, right?"
"Yeah. How did you know?"
"Just a guess from your play on words." Tord shrugged with a sly grin. Thompson slowly nodded. "Well, I wish you good luck." He stood up from his seat on the ground. "I should be going."
"Wait." Thompson stopped him. Tord looked at him, confused.
"What is it?"
"This has been botherin' me forever. But, who are you? You said you're in town..."
"If you look hard enough."
"What?"
"I'm in town if you look hard enough. I've seen you multiple times, I've even seen that detective. Hell, I feel like I know who might have his prince. But, I'll tell you tomorrow night. Tomorrow, try to find me. I don't care."

"... alright. If you say so, Red."
"I told you, it's Tord."