"You got an appointment in like five minutes, get out of my face. I'm trying to ask you for legit guidance and your ass over here talking nonsense."

"Whatever, remember Sean talks to me. If anyone knows what he has planned for you two, it's me." I smirked while leaving the office.

I don't know why Lola wanted to act like she didn't know Sean wanted to marry her mean ass. Not to mention he talks about kids every chance he gets. It's no secret, he's in love with her and he's not trying to let her get away from him again. I personally loved their relationship despite their ups and downs. They made it out stronger than before and if you ask me that's what makes a relationship; knowing you can survive the hard times with each other and come out of the situation together. I personally couldn't see Lola with anyone else and it was the same with Sean, so I was all here for the wedding and babies. I'm ready for it, actually.

Once I was done with my first client, I took a walk since everyone else was busy. Hell, even Lola was in the back with a lady who wanted permanent eyeliner and some beauty marks done by her. That's what I meant by Lola brought in extra money to the shop; she was going to make money wherever she went and could probably make more money outside of the shop but the fact that she was blessing my shop with her talents made it easy for me to make her my business partner. She was a real one for sure.

In the middle of working on my client's nails, in walked Elijah, like clockwork, dressed in his navy blue auto mechanic one piece. The sight alone had me clenching my thighs together. The man was a sight to see, something about seeing him all grungy in his work clothes made me want to jump on him though. See, thing is I kind of always felt this way, the only difference is I could express my feelings now without sounding like a creep or at least not care about sounding like a creep.

"That man literally looks good in anything," Nia, one of the nail techs shook her head and eyed Elijah.

I shot a nasty look in her direction before placing my attention back on Elijah who was grinning extra hard. I know he caught the look I gave Nia.

"What's up mama," he greeted me before bending down to kiss my cheek.

"Nothing, I know you're here for lunch but it's going to take me another 30 minutes to finish her nails," I said motioning to my client.

Eli gave the girl a polite nod before putting his attention back on me.

"Aight well, how about I go pick the food up and we eat in your office or some shit."

"You're not worried about getting back to work?"

"Ma, that's my damn shop, they'll be fine without me." He smirked on his way out of the salon. "I'll be back."

I couldn't stop grinning if I tried.

"Your man is fine as shit," the teenage girl said while turning back to look at me.

"He is, isn't he?" I smirked and went back to filing the acrylic down on her nails.

It felt good to not have to deny my attraction to Elijah because I'm sure a few of the ladies here were ready to get me checked out if I denied it any longer. No one in here knew about my status with him other than Lola and I kind of wanted to keep it that way. Not that I didn't trust the girls here, I just didn't want them in my business and now Elijah had officially become my business, even if we were just dating.

As promised, he was back damn near as soon as I finished my client's nails. He had picked me up a vegan pizza with actual vegan cheese this time causing me to laugh at Micah's reaction to my cheeseless pizza. The first few minutes in my office were spent with me letting him know how the therapy session with Micah went this morning. After catching him up he went on to tell me he was supposed to go visit Micah tomorrow and that made me feel warm on the inside knowing that they were really growing a little bond.