Chapter 23: Scapegoat

I'm in a good mood even though I had to go back to school for the first time today after winter break. Screw University for starting up again on a Friday. On the upside, I'm getting all A's! So I thought I'd spread my joy by posting the next chapter!! 

Before we begin with this chapter, I wanted to officially announce that the spin-off will be about Tweaker and his love interest based on the majority vote from all of you! I have already hinted at it and who his love interest will be ;) but I wanted to officially announce it on here in case someone missed it. It will be called Along for the Ride and I will begin posting once Slow Ride is over since it picks up near the end of Slow Ride's timeline and therefore has spoilers. I am already on chapter 6 and I can not wait for you guys to read it! PS. make sure to follow me on Instagram because I've been posting tons of spin-off spoilers!! ALSO 3K OMG!! This is my fourth book on wattpad, and by far my fastest growing and I owe that all to you guys so thank you so much! Ok... I'll shut up now. Hope you enjoy!!!

Song for this chapter: I Could Use A Love Song - Maren Morris (leave any songs you suggest in the comments!)

~Ronnie~

I couldn't believe the way my night had ended when all I was trying to do was have a little fun. My attempts to forget about Knox turned into him assaulting a guy in the middle of a bar and then somehow to him and I back in my apartment ending things. I was disappointed that things had to be this way, but if he thought he had the right to go apeshit when I was just dancing with another guy then I deserved the same. Only, with how Knox was insisting things needed to be with us, I didn't have that right. It would be the same old shit of him hooking up with a slew of Hellcats and me just having to be okay with it. Which I sure as fuck wasn't. No matter how much I liked the guy, or how good the sex was, I respected myself enough to keep some of my dignity.

I wasn't happy when he left, but there wasn't much else I could do about the situation. That was only until he turned up drunk on my doorstep a few hours later. I was pissed, but I was actually more surprised. Of all the nights I had worked at Black's and of the few parties I attended at the clubhouse, Knox was never one to get sloppy or drunk. I think it was one of the things that stood out to me about him among the rest. I didn't mind drinkers, and hell I liked it too most times, but there was always part of me that thought that I would end up like my dad, and that always scared the shit out of me.

The blank look in Knox's face when I found him at my doorstep was all too similar to the same one my father had nearly every night when I had to drag him inside our house after a gambling bender gone wrong. Even Knox's expression when he'd forced himself on to me without any regard for his actions was almost exactly like the way my dad used to hit me without even realizing what he'd done. The similarities of their actions haunted me as I tried to force myself asleep while Knox was passed out in my living room. I could hear his snores get louder the more I tried to catch some sleep myself. The longer I was awake, the more I got pissed off with him and I couldn't wait until morning to hear his half-ass explanation.

I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until the sun peeking through my curtains shined bright in my eyes. I blinked a few times, clearing my vision and looked at the clock on my nightstand to find that it was just past nine. I rubbed my eyes clear of sleep as the events from last night hit me like a ton of bricks, much like the slight pounding in my head from all the drinks I'd consumed. As I remembered that I had left Knox drunk on my couch, I listened out for his snoring, but my apartment was quiet other than the sound of my own breathing. I rose from my bed, ready to bitch him out for showing up at my place at all, but when I stepped out into the living room he was gone.

"Knox," I called out.

Silence.

He did not just up and leave after the shit he pulled on me.