Chapter 16: Pouting

A little bit of an early update to celebrate hitting 1K! Thank you all for reading!! Also, I'd like to give a big shout out to MeredithAnne1 for the recent love she's shown this story and also to tell you all to check her book, Miami Outlaw, out!! It's an amazing biker romance novel as well and it is worth the read! Second, while I'm nearly finished writing this book, I want to get an idea if any of you would be interesting in seeing me write another book about one of the other guy's stories. If so, any particular guy? I was toying with the idea of writing about Tweaker or Ace, but you'll see why in further chapters. ;) Lastly, If anyone is good with photoshop or designing covers, I've been trying and failing to make a new one I like. So if anyone would be interested in making a cover for me send me a private message for details!!! Thanks, all <3 Enjoy!!!

Please don't forget to vote and comment if you can!

~Knox~

I couldn't help but let my gaze linger on Ronnie's naked body as she stood up from my bed. I was disappointed to see that she was already dressing in her discarded clothing on my bedroom floor, but we'd been fucking around all morning and I was due at the clubhouse for church. Even still, I was tempted to pull her back into my bed and not let her out until the sun went down.  Problem was, even after weeks of fooling around and spending nearly every night together,  Ronnie was adamant that no one was to find out about us, especially Cash or Mick. That meant that the only interaction we had beyond common courtesy was left to when we were in private, and it was becoming increasingly difficult to keep my distance when I knew what that woman looked like naked.

"You know," I began. "I'm sure no one would notice if I was a few minutes late."

Ronnie scoffed as she pulled her shirt over her head. "Yeah right."

I was disappointed, but she was right. I was under multiple watchful eyes, and being late was enough to raise suspicions. While I wasn't too concerned about what the guys would think, or if they would figure out what was going on with Ronnie, I couldn't be so careless about it if I wanted it to continue.

But still, a guy had to try. "Come on, Sweets. Just come back to bed for a few more minutes," I said, patting the spot beside me that was still warm from her.

She shook her head.  "I have to go," she said.

"I'll be quick," I practically begged.

"Can't," she replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Where the fuck could you possibly have to go this early in the morning?" I challenged.

Ronnie placed a hand on her hip. "Well, if you must know, I have a job interview in an hour and I need to go home and change first."

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"You quitting Black's?" I questioned.

Ronnie had worked at Black's since Mick had brought her to Utah. Not only was it club owned, but she was paid higher than any other girl who worked there and she was favored by most as the best bartender.

Her eyes widened as she shook her head "I would never quit. It's been really slow since the shooting, and without the tips, I'm barely making enough to get by. The diner off county road is looking for a waitress, so I figured I'd pick up some day work and make some extra cash," she shrugged.

"I could always give you-"  I began, before being cut off.

"I won't take your money," Ronnie insisted.

I didn't like the idea of her struggling for money, but it wasn't exactly my place to offer it to her either. I wasn't rich, but I had a steady pay from both the club and the tattoo shop, so I'd have no problem helping her out, but a girl like Ronnie had too much pride to accept help from me, and I knew before I offered that she would refuse.