Chapter 8: Thin Line

Because I wrote two chapters this weekend, I figured I'd post this one early!! I just finished writing chapter 31, and I can't wait for you all to get to read Knox and Ronnie's story. It certainly heats up as the chapters go on! Please vote and comment to let me know if you have been enjoying, I really appreciate it!!!

~Knox~

If there was a god, he had one hell of a sense of humor.

I actually tried to stay away from Ronnie and I ended up looking more suspicious. I avoided Black's purposely so that I could stop thinking about her, only to run into her on the side of the road. I was forced into giving her a ride and to Mick's house of all places. Not only did having her on the back of my bike ignite the strongest urge to pull over and fuck her spread out on my bike, it also put three extra sets of suspicious eyes on us.

I wasn't sure if running into her was a sign, or if the guy upstairs just enjoyed fucking with me, but either way, Ronnie and I had piqued the curiosity of Cash, Mick, and Tawny.

I avoided her for weeks, hoping it would settle Tweaker's suspicion, only to have it intensified by a simple ride after her car broke down.

I didn't fail to notice the looks I got from my V.P in the days since, and purposely avoiding Black's had begun to look even more questionable. I had no interest in making an appearance, mostly because I didn't know what seeing Ronnie would do to my resolve, but I couldn't avoid the place forever.

I wanted Ronnie. Fuck did I want her. But, having her came with a lot more costs than I could afford.

Sure, it might be fun to have a wild night with her, but once that night was over, I doubted it would amount to anything more. That meant I would be risking my spot in another charter for another woman who wouldn't be worth it in the end.

I just couldn't do that, no matter how much I was tempted to.

I couldn't avoid going to Black's tonight and I was just gonna have to deal with it. Ricky and Ace were finally back from Wyoming and we were all due to welcome them home with drinks. I would just have to find someway to ignore Ronnie and stop myself from going to the bar all night.

I had my work cut out for me.

___________________

When I walked into Black's, I didn't even entertain the idea of stealing a glimpse at the bar. Ronnie's car wasn't outside, so there was a possibility that she wasn't working tonight, but I also knew that it hadn't been that reliable lately either. Either way, I made my way straight to the already full booth without looking in that direction. Black's had been closed down for the private Tribe event and everyone but Mick and Tawny were here tonight, even down to the new prospect. I nodded to Tweaker and Cash and took the seat next to Bear when I noticed the two brothers we had all gathered for.

Ricky was making out with his old lady Joanie, and Ace had one of the bartenders who probably should have been working on his lap.

"Welcome home, shitheads," I called, taking a second to bump fists with Ace when he looked my way.

Ricky's mouth was still attached to Joanie's, but he waved my way in lieu of an answer. I chuckled and shook my head as I lit up a cigarette. First, he complains that he needs time away from her, then, the minute he comes back their attached at the mouth.

Whipped fucker.

"Give us a minute, babe," Ace said to the girl on his lap.

She nodded but looked disappointed. "I should probably help Ronnie, anyway," she said.