Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad

Start from the beginning

"Okay." he said.

"So, what do you wanna do now?" I asked him.

"Let's go somewhere." he said.

"What? But I'm in pajamas."

"Then go change. I'll be waiting." he said.

"Okay.." I said, a little skeptically.

Once I picked up my crutches and was about to hop up the stairs, Jake realized a very important detail.

"Oh, do you need help getting up the stairs?" he asked.

"Uh, maybe a little." I joked.

"Sorry." he said.

~~~~~

After we finished getting ready, we were on our way to a destination I didn't even know of.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I'm not telling you, it's a surprise." he answered.

I grumbled for the rest of the car ride, until we pulled up to Rain's Diner.

"What are we doing here?" I questioned him.

"Well, I'm gonna eat. You're welcome to join me if you want." he joked.

I shook my head, and with a smile on my face, we both made our way into the diner. And Jake walked a little slower for me.

"Hey kids, haven't seen you in a while. Where have ya' been?" the waitress that helped us the other times we came here said.

"We haven't been thinking straight lately. But, we're here now." Jake said.

"Okay, let's sit you at a booth, shall we?"

We both nodded and she walked us to a booth in the far corner of the diner.

"Your usuals?" she asked.

"Yes please." I said.

Jake nodded and she walked off to go take the order of another customer.

"So, how've you been?" Jake said, trying to make small talk.

"Okay..why are you trying to make small talk?" I asked.

"Was it that obvious?" he asked.

"Maybe just a little." I said with a chuckle.

"I actually really do love this place, though."

"Me too. It's where we came after the basketball game." he answered.

"And where we set Chris and Karra up." I added.

"He still hasn't thanked me for that yet." Jake fake complained.

"Neither has Karra. Where are our friends' manners?" I joked.

"Here's your guys' food." the waitress said, placing our plates in front of us.

"Enjoy!" she said.

"Thank you." I responded.

"Isn't that better than small talk?" I asked him.

"I believe it is." he laughed.

"You know what my favorite part of being at this restaurant is?" Jake said.

"What?" I asked.

"Whenever I'm here, I'm always with you."

~~~~~

Jake's POV:

After I dropped Lindsey off back at home, and told her I'd bring her to school tomorrow, I drove home.

I was relieved that I was able to drive myself around again. I hated making people do things for me.

When I had almost pulled up, there was a beaten down blue pickup truck parked in front of our house.

I got out of my truck and pulled my keys out from my pants' pocket.

I assumed it was one of my mom's friends, but none that had frequently come over owned a truck. At least, not any that I remember.

I opened the front door and placed my keys on the table next to the door.

When I walked to the living room, it was the last person I expected to see.

"Dad."

A/N:

A/N:

Cliffhangers are fun! Should I do them more often?🤔 Just kidding! But, how did you like the chapter? I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry so late, I didn't have a lot of time to write cuz it's HOMECOMING WEEK at my school! Ahh I'm so excited! Tomorrow's the big game! See you daisies soon! Byesies!