Brett gasps in mock hurt. "How dare you insult the school's queen that way!" He exclaims in mock horror. "No, yeah, you're right she's a total bitch."

"Oh hey, Brett!" we hear a high pitched voice call. "I was wondering where you had gone."

Brett's grin falls. "Speak of the devil and Ye shall appear," he mutter with a sigh. He spins around and we see Madison herself walking toward us with two of her top followers, Caroline Reed and Diana Karson.

I freeze. They're bound to notice who I am. Should I make a break for it or hope that Lydia did a good enough job? It would look weird if I just turned and ran.

"Hi, Brett," Madison says as she stops in front of the tall boy. She flutters her eyelashes and smiles up at him. "I'm surprised you're not already at the lacrosse field.

Madison is the popular girl at school. You know those stereotypical books and movies of teen romances where there's the unpopular girl who ends up with the popular guy? Well she plays the part of the popular girl who has a history with the popular guy and bullies the main character. She's rich so she always has the most expensive brands and cars (yes cars as in multiple). She's probably gotten a nose job and boob implants cause she likes to show off how big they are with a very tight blouse. She also has tan legs for miles that she keeps on full display with her short skirt. Her father owns the school so she gets away with everything and gets everything she wants.

Except for Brett.

Everyone knows that she has an obsession with Brett. After they had a one night stand, which everyone found out about; she beacame obsessed with trying to get Brett to be her boyfriend. She flirts with him constantly and is always trying to get him to go out with her, but Brett wants nothing to to with her. It was the only thing I admired about Brett.

Unfortunately, because of his shameless flirting with me, I became Madison's main target. She called me names, humiliated me in front of the school, and made my life hell. Even though I couldn't care less about her and my non existent reputation, I was so glad to be rid of her when I finally went to Beacon Hills.

"I was just heading there," Brett replies with a tight lipped smile.

"Who are they?" Madison says almost accusingly.

My heart stops.

Does she recognize me?

"I've never seen you two before," she tells us. "What are your names?"

"Malia," Malia says. "And this is my friend..."

"Isabelle," I finish, using my middle name. "We are new."

"Aren't you two just adorable," Madison squeaks. "Well I'm Madison Henson. My father owns this school. Also these are my friends Caroline and Diana and this is my boyfriend, Brett." She grabs his arm and rests her head against him, smiling. A stab of jealousy runs through me. I bite my lip in confusion.

Why would I be jealous of Madison?

I push away those thoughts and smile sweetly at her. "That nice. you two look cute together," I lie.

Brett eyes widen and he pulls his arm away. "How many times do I have to tell you, Madison? I'm not your boyfriend, and I never was and never will be your boyfriend."

He then briskly walks away from her. We watch him disappear around a corner.

"Well it was nice meeting you, but we gotta go," Malia tells the girls as she grabs my arm and pulls me in the direction that Brett went.

"That was the first time I've seen those girls and they haven't insulted me."  I mutter as we walk away from them.

"Don't worry, they're they're calling you a slut right now cause they assume that you're hooking up with Brett," Malia replies.

"What?" I gasp, horrified at that assumption

"It doesn't matter," Malia brushes me off. "Where is Mr. Downey's room?"

"Why?" I ask, confused. "And how do you know who Mr. Downey is?"

"Brett said to meet him there," she replies.

"I don't remember him ever saying that."

"He said it right when he was walking away," she says.

Oh, he must have said it only loud enough for Malia to hear.

"It's this way," I tell her, making a right toward my old Biology classroom. It was the class that I shared with Brett when I went here.

We make another turn and then slip into the classroom where we find Brett sitting on one of the desks, waiting for us.

"Well, this has already been an extremely nostalgic day being back," I comment. "Madison is still obsessed with you I see."

Brett just grimaces.

"Can we get back on track to who wants you dead on the lacrosse team?" Malia asks.

"Have you narrowed it down anymore than just the whole lacrosse team?" I ask. "We know it can be an armature now since anyone can find the list."

"Yes, I've narrowed it down to two guys," he replies. I incline my head for him to go on. "The first is Matthew Davidson. He's wanted the captain spot ever since I got it. He's hated me for a while now and has been acting strange lately. The other is Quinton Knowells. He's actually sent me death threats before when he found out I told the coach I thought he should be cut from the team."

"Well aren't you just loved by everyone," I say, sarcastically. "I know who they are I'll keep an eye on them. Just try to avoid them on the field as much as you can."

"You don't have to tell me twice," he says. "It's just that it will be hard to avoid them since I'm the captain."

I nod. I still find it weird when I have civil conversations with Brett. All he ever did at school was bother me and now he's a werewolf and I'm here to actually make sure he doesn't get killed. It's just very strange.

"Okay," I say. "Let's go."