sixteen

This chapter is dedicated to TahliePurvis for the pure gold heart she has <3  Her page-turner and thrilling short story #AskAmy has been shortlisted for Wattys 2017 by the way, I suggest you check it out- if you haven't already!

-Rosalind Gryffindor-

It didn't escape my eye that there bruises and scars all over Neville. I would guess that it was a usual war thing and wouldn't bother asking about it, but Hermione did anyway.

"What happened to you Neville?"

"Ah, these... Alecto and Amycus Carrow. Brand new Death Eaters of a professor. This is what happens when they ask you to use the Cruciatus Curse on first years, and you refuse."

"And the other passages? Are they still intact?"

"They've been sealed off before the school year started. Uh, lets have a bit of fun, shall we? Stay behind," He said as he pushed the door. "Brought you a surprise!" He shouted excitedly to the crowd.

"Not more of Aberforth's cooking I hope," replied a voice, which I thought was Dean's. 

Neville stepped aside so everyone could see Harry. 

"Blimey!"

"A round of applause for Potter!"

"Harry! Yeah!"

The room was filled with enthusiastic applauds. It appeared they have been waiting for this for so long. As we all hugged, Lee Jordan went over to announce the news to The Order. 

"What's the plan?" Someone asked. Oh well.

"There's something we need to find, hidden in the castle. It may help us defeat him." 

"Right. What is it?"

"We don't know." This might not have been the profound response they were looking for. There was a deadly tranquility.

Neville asked uncomfortably, "Where is it?" As Ron had pointed out back in our days in the tent, we didn't have a reply for that either.

"We-we don't know that either." He gulped, looking at the devastated faces. "I know it's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on," retorted Seamus. 

"It has...something to do with Ravenclaw. Something small... Easily concealed."

"There's Rowena Ravenclaw's lost diadem," replied Luna, taking a step closer. "It's sort of a crown, was quite famous- although, no one has ever claimed to having seen it for centuries now.

Lee Jordan came back, panicking. "Snape knows. He knows that he has been spotted in Hogsmeade."

"I assume he'll call you to meet soon- we can get mixed in the group, and when the time comes,"  I stopped for a second as the sentence reminded me of what Dumbledore said about Harry, "Harry can strike against him, we'll start a rebellion."

Then Colin Creevey ran in. "Snape calls us all to the hall. Now."

Harry glanced at me with his strikingly green eyes. "I guess that's our only option."

+++

Severus Snape was waiting for us in the hall, eyes as cold as steel.

"Many of you surely are wondering why I summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention that earlier this evening, Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade." He stopped, glaring, as whispers circulated through the room. "Now, should anyone, student or staff, attempt to aid Mr Potter, they will be punished, most severely possible. Same goes for the ones who see what is happening, but fails to report." No one spoke. "If anyone has any knowledge of Mr Potter's movements this evening, and like to step forward, may do so now."