eight

-Stella Malfoy-

The next day, I told Luna about all that I've seen. 

"I suspect my grandpa for this incident but I don't think dad would tell us anything about her if we asked him. So we best find that dark items collection of grandpa," I suggested.

"Stella, what if dad got involved in this too?"

"All I know is that he wasn't the best person under grandpa's pressure."

"I'm assuming the best way to find out is to make a research at home in the semester. Shall we name it Operation Unicorn?"

I rolled my eyes. "Some things never change."

"So that's a yes?"

"Uh, yeah, if you insist."

Time until the semester flew so fast, without a hitch. I was so focused on my lessons and other than theorizing about Rosalind's story, I had totally forgotten about searching on Voldemort. Why wouldn't the aurors do it anyway? Like Uncle Harry... He'd really be wrecked if Voldemort was actually alive and just summoning allies or something. But I don't think he was satisfied with defeating him without a war neither. I imagined him crying because he felt he was just famous for the sacrifice of his mother. He'd probably prefer at least fight him once for real and die trying than losing his mother. 

As I was carried away with this, Luna was lying on the Hogwarts Express couch, facing me. She wasn't the type that could handle being alone for long so I felt the need to entertain her somehow.

"I am back from Mars," I joked. 

"Tell me all about it!"

"Meh."

"Okay. Don't."

After that, I decided to play the nice sister and helped her do her homework for the rest of the way. When the train started to slow down, we both stuck our nose to the glass. Our parents were punctual, dad was holding Brian in his arms so that he wouldn't jump on the rails. I cringed on the thought of it. And in less than a minute, the train came to a grinding halt. We descended (or somersaulted in the air, for that matter) to be welcomed by the Malfoys, as warm as ever. In quest of the little kiss and hug ceremony, they got even more involved with Luna, bombarding her with questions.

"So how's your first year sweetie? Did you make any friends? We are so proud of you dear for getting sorted in Hufflepuff, especially with the fact that you chose it!"

"It was nice but Slytherins were such badmouths, of course Miss Elizabeth plays a significant role in that. Overall, I didn't make any friends but I actually didn't even have time for one, I was practicing my skills!"

I swear with that last sentence I saw Hermione's eyes tear up. From happiness. 

"Congrats Lu, no one cared this much when I got in Slytherin!" I tried to make it sound like no big deal but anyone who knew me well enough could detect the hint of jealousy in my voice. 

Dad kneeled down and whispered, "Sweetie, you were continuing our family's tradition and I am proud of you for that but can't you contribute to making your sister not feel like an outsider?" 

I felt like a jerk so I nodded, I wanted to make up for it.

"She was already working for Wingardium Leviosa from the first day! I'm sure her house will be greatly honored for being the perfect representative of their house in the future." Luna smiled, appreciative of my rightful praise. She knew what I was trying to do.

Following this sweet catch up chat, we returned home. Our parents now had to go back to work and that gave us plenty of time to get what we wanted. Is it surprising if I say, just like Hogwarts, The Malfoy Manor has it's own share of undiscovered rooms? We looked around for an hour and a half but there were no results. Our last option was to invade completely our parents' privacy and dash into their room.

We had to be vigilant because Brian's room was just next to our parents' and Lysa was taking care of him there. When we got closer to the room, we paused and listened attentively to what they were doing. In a short while, there were voices of bouncing balls and happy cries, so it meant that they were playing in the ball pool.

Taking advantage of this, we sneaked in our parents' room, part guilty, part curious. 

In case you were secretly wondering, it was tidy and neat. If you weren't, God bless your clean mind. 

But a house that contained Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy wouldn't easily give away where the precious -and mighty- materials were kept. Though it was astonishingly not difficult neither, they probably thought their house was secure enough for strangers.

 The door was under the bed. And we almost broke a lamp embedded with Bohemian crystals while pushing the bed aside to have a look. Thanks to Brian for keeping Lysa occupied enough not to hear anything from the whole event. A relieved sigh came out my mouth and we walked down the dark stairs. It was at the end the light sensor decided to work. Anyways, when it did, my mouth dropped open. The room was full of glittering gold, gloomy mirrors, possibly cursed jewelry, a pale red orb and tons more.

"This looks pretty!" Luna shouted from the other corner of the room.

"Lu, be a little more silent, please." I felt like a maternal school teacher. "Wait, what is it?" I approached her in curiosity.

"I don't really know, however, it has this cool little hourglass chained to it."

"I think I know what it is."