eleven

-Harry Potter-

"Fuck," I gasped. We had just revived Voldemort. The wizard world was going to be turned upside down with the old malicious power rising. The only good thing about this was probably that I finally had a chance to prove myself, the things would go back to normal if one of us killed the other; I hoped that it would be me to murder, just to stop the Voldemort reign hovering over our world for the past few decades.

"Why did he scream like that though? I mean, he was reviving, wasn't he? I don't think it should have been particularly painful, at least not enough to cast an earth-shattering sound and affect," the younger girl, who I think was Luna, commented. Just then, her comment made bulbs light on my head.

"The weird thing is, he did exactly the same when I stabbed his childhood diary back in our second year, with the Basilisk teeth," I said, slowly beginning to think we were getting somewhere.

"It was almost as if something died inside him, just like the day you defeated him as a baby, Harry," Ron agreed. I looked in awe when Hermione jumped on Ron, eyes bright and screamed happily, "You are a genius Ron!" While she thought of words to explain what was passing in her great mind, I took a glance at Stella, whose face literally looked green, about to vomit.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"I just don't know how the brightest witch of your age fell for this dumbass," she whispered.

"Hey, he's my best friend you know? And he just planted a marvelous idea in Hermione's head." Ron might have come off as mean, but I didn't understand why Stella hated him with such passion. It's not like he screwed their mother behind their back or something. Or did he- in this case, was he going to?

"Okay so here's what I think," Hermione commenced after clearing her throat. "What you've said might not quite be a metaphor, Ron. Do you remember our first year, when he tried to reach immortality through the Philosopher Stone? He failed, however, tried to revive once again the next year by using his diary." She took a breath and continued. 

"However, I recall this sentence you said he phrased, as you told what happened there, Harry: 'As poor Ginny goes weaker, I grow stronger.' This associates with my guess that he has to use an object, or a living thing to hold on to, which only matches with-" She stopped, horror and thought covering her face. "The Horcruxes."

"What-crocs?" Stella asked with confusion.

"Well, I've read a little about it in Magick Moste Evile,"  she laughed at herself, trying to copy the accent in the book's name. When no one else did, she looked flushed and went on with explaining. "I was annoyed at it's lack of information. On the other hand, it held a light to my later on researches, which made me come to the conclusion that a Horcrux is an object in which a dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her for the purpose of attaining immortality. Horcruxes can only be created after committing murder, the supreme act of evil."

"Wow." That was the only thing I could say before sparing a minute or two to digest her words. Then, I explained my own theory. "I suspect that the ring without the missing stone on Dumbledore's corpse- it had something to do with the curse and therefore, it could have been a Horcrux. I mean, Volde- sorry, You-Know-Who..." I corrected myself when they flinched at his name. "He wouldn't leave a part of his soul unprotected, right?"

Before anyone else could say something, Stella approached to me, with a smirk very much like his father's.

"Okay, gifted kiddos, so here's what to do: We are going to go back to your young selves with her." She pointed Rosalind, who was resting in a corner quietly. "Then, we'll secretly send Rosalind in there, she needs to let Dumbledore know about this. After that, we'll go back to your time and use Obliviate on you for you to forget about our journey, it might be dangerous for the future. At last, our mission will be finished, so we'll return home."

"I don't want her to use spells on me!" Ron screamed.

"Oh don't you worry, I won't extract any other memory of yours, just so you can remember what a miserable git you are," Stella made her comeback. To her surprise, both Hermione and I were laughing until Ron glared at us. 

"Enough with that childish battle," Hermione looked at Stella. "I trust her."

"So do I," I supported. "We should go along with her plan."

With their help, we traveled to a few months ahead, to the start of me and my friends' first year in Hogwarts in a short time of hourglass twisting. 

One more time in Hogsmeade, we had a quick walk to the Hogsmeade Station, with the Disillusionment Charm cast on us by Hermione. Upon our arrival; mini me, Hermione and Ron got in sight, concluding to bid our farewells to Rosalind and send her to get among them. I stared a little after her, hoping she'd find happiness. Because I knew what it was like to be an orphan.

"Come on, you still have a war to win," said Luna, pulling me from the arm to follow her. I left, although a part of me didn't want to. Our return to our understanding of 'now" was equally long as coming here. I hoped that Stella was actually good at Obliviate. 

When we almost made it to the gates of Hogwarts, which now Professor Flitwick and McGonagall waited in the front and covered by a barely visible blue shield, Luna and Stella pulled us aside. 

"It was nice to meet you," Stella mumbled, her cold features gone as she smiled. "Even you, Ron," she added. To me, it seemed quite unlikely, but same goes with the people who say all the nice things after a person dies. Maybe Ron was valued as they were on the edge of never meeting again, at least with Ron remembering who she was. While I was pondering on these, I heard Stella whisper softly, like a summer breeze with a nearly motherly compassion.

"Obliviate."

+++

Oops! Sorry for stopping with the daily updates, but I guess a three day wait was worth this one :) But I'll probably go for a three week semi-hiatus in three days, as I'll be in a summer camp abroad, staying with a host family.

Credit goes to Harry Potter Wiki for the Horcrux explanation part, I wanted to give you the most accurate explanation possible. Also, it was proven with this quoted passage from the site that Hermione actually knew about it from 'Magick Moste Evile': "A copy of the book is kept in the of the of . checked it out in early in an attempt to gain information on Horcruxes, only to be thoroughly annoyed by its lack of information."

With that being said, please vote, comment and share with friends if you enjoyed!

P.S. Feedbacks are really appreciated as I'll be entering to Wattys 2017 with this after polishing it.