Ashton was also in this class - which I had totally forgot until I walked in the locker room and saw the shirtless boy at his locker. My eyes darted to the floor as I made my way over to my own locker in the back of the locker room. I like being kept to myself. I try to stay as far away from people as I can.

I changed into my basketball shorts and a tank, knowing I was probably going to sweat. Every three weeks we get a new activity to play in gym. This week it's soccer (which I don't mind because I'm not playing on a legit team).

I headed to the gym after I was finished changing and took my assigned seat on the floor so the teacher could take attendance. Today was the first day of the soccer unit and I was a little nervous for some unknown reason.

When the teacher was done with attendance we headed up to the track field since the weather was nice. There were two captains; first was me since I was new, and second was none other than Ashton.

Coach told me to pick first and I did so, choosing the good ones that I could remember from the soccer team when my old team had versed them last year.

When the game started it was Ashton and I starting off the ball since we were captains. I had gotten the ball first and passed it to one of my teammates.

This was going to be a long gym unit.

~~

After slamming my locker shut I headed to my car, knowing it was a stressful day. I had fifteen minutes to get to Harry's school, so I wasn't in a rush since his school was only like eight minutes away from mine.

I carefully backed out of my parking spot and headed in the direction of the middle school. There was still six minutes until he got out by the time I got there, so I rested in my seat, pulling out my phone, playing Flappy Bird. Harry knew what my car looked like, so I just had to wait for him to climb in since it was already unlocked.

"Hi, Luke!" He chirped, buckling up his seatbelt.

"Hey, bud. You ready to go home?" I ask, starting the engine again.

He nods rapidly. "I don't have any homework, so I can show you my new trick right away!"

I smile at him, "that's great, Har. Why don't you show me your trick, then we'll have some snacks, yeah?"

"That's a brilliant plan!" Harry gushes and I'm actually surprised that he used the world brilliant instead of good or great.

As I pull into the driveway I see Ashton climbing out of Michael's car. I ignore him and follow Harry into the house. He drops his bag by the front door and rushes towards the backyard. I quickly follow behind and once I reach the backyard Harry's already warming up for the trick.

"Ashton!" Harry smiled as Ashton appears next to me. "You're here!"

"Yeah," Ashton smiles as Harry hugs him quickly. "Practice can wait a few minutes so I can see your new trick."

I roll my eyes at him. "How generous."

Ashton simply grits his teeth and focuses on Harry as he shows us the trick. It was a trick I had learned when I was in his grade and he actually did it better than I had at the time.

"That's amazing, Harry." I clap and Ashton simply smiles, saying a simple "good job".

"I don't want you to be late for practice." Harry frowns. "So go, but thanks for coming to see it." He smiles wide.

"Yeah," Ashton smiles small, glancing over at me. "I figured watching your trick was more important."

I roll my eyes at him once again and watch him walk through the house and out the front yard back to Michael's car. He had his own car parked right in the driveway; was he that lazy to drive? 

Harry and I ate some cheese and crackers before he sat down to play some video games while I did my homework. I only had English, so it was short and easy.

By the time Mr. Irwin came home from work it was nearly five thirty and Ashton would be getting home soon. I kind of wanted to be gone before he arrived, so I exchanged quick goodbyes and thanked Mr. Irwin as he paid me.

I climbed into my car and started the engine, quickly pulling out of his driveway just as Michael pulled up.

Just in time.

--------

Yay or nay? I know this is short and boring, but stuff will start to get good, okay? Just give the story some time to really start developing. Most stories don't get really interesting until the forth or fifth chapter, maybe later - so be patient please! I'm only one person and I have school and work and everything has just been crazy these last couple weeks! x

10+ votes; 5+ comments.

june 2016

ok so what the fuck is this with luke flipping a shit after .5 seconds of the book i can't deal i'M SO STUPID WTF but i'm actually ashton with the whole car thing?? i can drive but i'd rather someone else drive me places