Chapter Twenty One

Angelica's POV

I'm now walking outside of the Vampire boundaries together with Rebecca by my side. My mates and their brothers were behind me.

Yes, you heard right. All 13 of them decided to follow.

We were now walking through the secluded area and stopped a few metres away where the witch's house was in view.

It was a small cottage with a chimney where colorful smokes are being released from. I bet she's brewing stuffs inside right now.

Rebecca and I walked forward towards the door and I lightly knocked on it.

I heard a bit of shuffling and sounds of glass before the door was pulled open to see a woman in her middle age, probably in her thirties, staring at us with an unwelcoming aura.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

She was mainly staring at me when she asked that, while I kept my posture and just stared at her emotionlessly.

"I'm pretty sure you remember me Miss Sophia."

The witch, who is so called Sophia, turned her attention towards Rebeccca.

"Ahh yes~ The girl who begged me to help break the love potion spell of her three brothers."

She smirked slightly whereas Rebecca didn't look the slighted least worried.

"You're right. That's me."

"So why are you back here again?"

Now the witch leaned against her doorframe, looking at the both of us questionably.

"We're here to ask some question Witch Sophia."

Now, Seungcheol voiced out after walking forward and standing behind me.

"Ah~ Prince Seungcheol, nice to see that you're well now."

"We have no time for your concerns, we need answers right now."

This time Jisoo came up beside Seungcheol and spoke up. I was quite surprised to hear Jisoo's authoritive tone myself.

"Surely your highnesses. Please enter."

"No, you come out. Because I'm afraid your small cottage isn't spacious enough for 13 people."

Lastly Jeonghan spoke, while the witch stared at the three of them before bowing lightly and walking out from her house.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rebecca and her brothers were all standing behind me whereas the witch was standing right in front of me.

"I'm afraid we haven't met. I'm Angelica White, the last Vampire Angel on Earth."

"Yes, nice to meet you Goddess."

My eyes widened when she addressed me and bowed in respect.

"How did you know I am the Goddess?"

She stood up straight again and smiled.

"I am a witch. I can sense different auras from different kinds. You, my dear Angelica, give off the most powerful aura known to man. The only aura given by one type of person. The Goddess of the Vampire Angels."

"Alright, you know about me. That would be enough for you to answer my questions."

She looked at me skeptically before answering.

"As you wish my goddess."

I smirked in triumph and asked her the questions we had been dying to know.

"Did Christina obtain any spell from you which has offered her the ability to have powers? More than an average wolf?"

Sophia stood silent for a while, staring into me and I held her eye contact daringly until she answered.

"Not a spell. It's a curse."

I looked at her confused as her facial expression did not alter at all.

"What curse?"

Now Rebecca was the one to ask but she did not even spare her a glance, and just kept looking at me.

"Christina sold her soul to the demons...."

I heard hissing of their fangs from the 14 vampires beside me while I signalled Sophia to continue.

".... in exchange for demon powers. So now, Christina is half demon and half werewolf."

I looked away from Sophia and turned towards my mates who had worried expressions etched all over their faces.

"How is that possible?"

Jisoo questioned Sophia while I walked closer towards my mates who were trembling.

"Black magic. Demons are packed with them, it is why they're mostly considered as enemies to everyone. But I guess, she has forced the werewolf community to be allies with them."

I lastly stared at Sophia with the last question in mind.

"How do we stop them?"

"There's only one person who is able to defeat the demons once, and it was the last Goddess of the Vampire Angels......."

Everyone stared at me while I waited for her to continue.

"...... the answer to your question lies within you Angelica. Only you would know how to stop them."

It felt like a huge weight was added onto my shoulders when Sophia lastly spoke before bowing in respect and entering her cottage.

My revenge for the lives lost and the lives of everyone whom I cherish lies in my hand.

This is my responsibility.