The dominance in him was screaming, yet there was something oddly turning him on from seeing Jacob's timid personality transform into confidence.

When he breathed in another sharp breath, Jacob's confidence surprised him further when his tongue discretely slipped into his mouth. Yet, Jacob's own confidence overwhelmed him and he pulled back.

Hunter opened his eyes to see him staring with wonder. Jacob blinked away his surprise and sat up. His legs were on either side of his mate and his fingers subconsciously rested just under his exposed belly button.

"I can't believe I just did that."

"Well, you better believe it because I want you to do it again." But Jacob reached for his sling and started feeding Hunter's hand back through it.

"You need to heal first."

"Wha-" Hunter furrowed his eyebrows and pouted. Jacob was seeing this expression for the first time and it made him chuckle. "I'm ready for more."

"You can barely breathe."

"If I had enough energy, I would throw such a weak tantrum right now."

"It's a good thing you don't have energy then. I don't want to see that."

Hunter grinned and took his hand. Slotting his fingers in between his never felt so perfect.

"Oh, you'll see it. Trust me, I can be really petty."

"I know."

Hunter stopped and scoffed.

"Oh, thanks, Jacob. Thanks for saying oh no, you're not petty Hunter. You're great and mature. You're not a big man-child, your tantrums are valued and-"

"Shut up," Jacob laughed and rolled over, laying next to him.

They both stared at the cream coloured ceiling. It was high, allowing the big window to flood the room with sunlight.

Just then, light footsteps approached the bedroom and a small figure appeared in the doorway. The boys looked over to see Margo being very cautious.

"Are you okay boys? You're not arguing anymore are you?"

"No, I feel better now. Sorry for snapping at you." Hunter struggled to sit up.

"It's alright son," She beamed. "But your father wanted to speak to you about he Omega wolves. He doesn't-"

"It's fine, we sorted it."

"You... how?" Margo watched her son with intense eyes.

"They were arrested after I made sure they wouldn't try finding me again."

"You didn't kill them?"

Hunter shook his head.

"It wasn't the right thing to do. I probably would have regretted it." Standing up, he wanted to be outside. "Anyway, it's over now so I don't want to think about it."

"Well done for making the right decision," She beamed. "Anyway, Nana is here."

Hunter instantly perked up.

"Now?" He hurried to the door and Jacob loved how excited he was to see his grandmother.

"Oh, your grandpa is here too."

Hunter nodded and continued down the corridor. He hasn't seen his grandad in a little while and was eager to say hello.

When he reached the ground floor, he almost tripped over Flora's yellow Wellington boots, sitting by the door to the kitchen.